thirteen

Chapter 13.
Ella's point of view

I woke up that morning with three missed calls from dad, and two messages. Both those messages consisted of 'I can get you now.' and 'Okay, be safe.' and honestly, I couldn't tell if he was upset with me staying or okay with it. The morning went by slowly, I laid in bed with Harry for a while before getting up and making myself a glass of juice and toast. It was quite early too, possibly around seven thirty by the time I had finished my breakfast.

Harry stumbled down the stairs around eight. He kissed my forehead when I handed him a cup of coffee. Small talk was made while we made some quick and easy breakfast, which mainly consisted of toast and cereal. Harry was on his phone while eating checking up on emails while I just checked up on social media.

I couldn't imagine having such a busy job, especially being in business. I still don't even know what I want to do with my future which is horrible because I'm going into my last year of school, turning eighteen soon and I don't even own a car yet.   

"I have to go do some grocery shopping today and go sort this thing out with Madison." Harry spoke up turning his phone off and putting it on the bench. I nodded my head, mouth full.

"That's okay, I should probably get going home anyway." I said getting up from my seat to put my plate in the dishwasher. "I know it's only Sunday, but I should probably help mum and dad around the house." I walked over to Harry and put my hand on his shoulder.

"That's fine." He smiled and rubbed his hand over mine before dropping it back down. My hand slowly dropped away too the warmth under it disappearing. I stepped back onto a new cold tile, my legs creating some new goosebumps. My ears pricked up when little feet were patting down the stairs, yells of my names circled my head, my eyes widened with happiness as I was now facing the children. 

"Good morning to you too monkeys." I said leaning down arms open to hug Sydney and Conner. They had large smiles plastered onto their faces, but their eyes were still half asleep. "I'm heading off now so you two can spend some time with daddy here." I smile up at Harry.

He smirked back over at me before looking down to the kids. Harry was an amazing father, I could honestly tell everyone that repeatedly because it's so true. He was such a loving person inside and out and I think that's one of the many reasons why I'm falling for him.

His eyes met mine again a large smile on his face while the children tugged at his shirt asking for attention. While the three of them were distracted I walked over into the lounge room to collect my bag and phone I had left on the couch last night.

"I'll see you soon?" Harry's thick voice washed over me. I looked up and nodded my head. "Maybe once I sort some shit out, maybe we could all go out, me, you, the children?" He asked. My heart thumped, he wanted to see me more and now it wasn't just going to be locked away in this room.

I smiled widely, I didn't care if he noticed my excitement. It was a little hard to hide it. He was my crush for so long. It's kind of insane to think this is happening to me right now, from being a 16-year-old girl babysitting for this family because my father worked with him. To sharing secret kisses with him.

I do worry about them though, about Sydney and Conner. What will they think when their mummy and daddy are not together anymore? I mean how are these children supposed to react to already knowing their own mother was with some other man. To think she would say she was using Harry as a gateway into money and success is disgusting. To think someone could be so shallow and selfish.

"I'd like that." I said walking towards the door now. I yelled out bye to the children sitting at the table now eating some cereal and chatting together. Harry slowly walked behind me until we had both reached the door. "I'll see you soon." I smiled opening the door myself and stepping out slightly.

"You will." He grabbed a hold of the door frame leaning into it. He looked so incredibly sexy, my heart was racing. "I hope your parents aren't mad about this all. I'm sure your father will be fine, it's only me after all." He smirked.

"Oh yeah, he has absolutely nothing to worry over." I laughed as I walked off. If only they knew, I'd be getting my head chopped off. I knew dad couldn't come pick me up and I didn't even bother asking Harry, he has his own crap to sort out.

So, I walked to the nearest bus stop and just took a bus home. The bus rides are quick enough to be home in the next ten minutes. The people on the bus ride weren't as rude as they normally are today, there was a few elderly people at the front all looking out the windows, watching houses and trees go by.

At the back of the bus sat a few younger people, all on their phones, earphones in. I forgot my earphones, they are normally always in my bag but this time they sadly aren't. I lent my elbow onto the ledge under the window to lean my head onto my hand, watching the houses zoom by. Before I knew it, I was getting off at my stop and pulling my feet along the sidewalk.

By the time I was walking up to the gates of my house I noticed both of my parents sitting on the small decking, they had cups in their hands while they swung back and forth on the hanging seat. The sound of the gate closing behind me brought their eyes to me.

"Hi." I said walking towards the steps to get inside. Mum was leaning onto dad a book placed on her lap, her glasses on her nose. Dad had his phone in one hand and the cup in the other. "I'm surprised you guys are here and not in the back like normal." I said dropping my bag near the door and walking towards them to sit on the small chair under the front window.

"Well it's a nice enough day to be here." Mum said pushing her glasses up onto her head. "How are the kids?" She asked closing her book now.

"Oh great, they are the same as always." I nodded. "Sorry I ended up staying there, uh, Mr. Styles had an issue happen and needed me there." I didn't think I needed to hide their separation, if anything they should probably know even if it wasn't my place to say. They need to know what's going on under the roof I babysit at.

"What do you mean? Is he okay?" Dad asked now paying attention to me as well. I leaned forward more so I was looking at both. I didn't think that maybe explaining this to them they might not let me go there anymore because there was just a man living there now.

"Uh, well. He and Madison are getting a divorce." I sighed. Mum gasped like it was the worst news ever heard and dad just looked a little confused. "I don't really know what happened, just that she cheated." I rubbed my hands on my knees trying to get some nervous sweat off.

"That's awful." Mum said looking over at dad. He was staring at me still, eyes piercing. "He would need you more than ever now, the children would need all the help they can while he sorts this out." Mum sat up now taking her cup and dads in.

"I should give him a call, I haven't properly spoken to him in a while." Dad said tapping his phone on his hand. I nodded not knowing what to really say. Dad and Harry got along well, they worked great together but when dad wanted to move on and find something easier to work with, he left most of the work for Harry to clean up. 

Dad works at home now for another company he is starting up, its actually very successful so far and money isn't an issue anymore. But even if dad and Harry had around the same amount of cash, dad would never get a house as insane as Harry's mansion.

"I'm going to go shower up." I stood up grabbing my bag and pushing open the door. Schools so soon and I haven't even organized myself at all. Schools in a week and my birthday is also soon, and I don't even know what I want to do. Eighteen is exciting.

Once I was in the bathroom getting ready to take one of the longest showers I possibly could my phone started to blow up with messages. I was confused as all hell, I mean who would want to speak this urgent to me? Phoebe maybe?

Harry:
I want you in my bed, naked.

I choked on my own breath reading that, my phone falling to the counter top. My heart pounded in my chest and my mind was racing. Harry was insane, the thought of getting caught scared me so much, but I liked the feeling. I slowly grinned widely and replied to him. 

Ella:
Come get me then.