18. Aladdin

"Did I ever tell you the difference between a Northern fairy tale and a Southern one?" she asked him, indulging herself and letting her head rest on his shoulder. God, he felt good. Her man. Where her head was meant to lie, right there, on him.
"What's the difference?"
"A Northern one starts 'once upon a time,' while a Southern one starts 'y'all ain't going to believe this shit.'"
—Erin McCarthy, Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)

"Sooooooo," Agustín, the esteemed owner of Pedro's Pizzeria begins, dragging the word out for all its worth, "When did you guys start dating?"

By "you guys", Agustín, of course, means Ian and I. I share a look with my aforementioned 'boyfriend'— the second half of the 'you guys' pair— as we both dig into the pizza like animals. There's a variety of ten extra large sizes of pizza with different types of pizza toppings. Looking at the challenge now, I wonder how I ever thought I could do the challenge alone, ever. It's obvious that the challenge is capable of eating me and not the other way round.

On the other hand, it seems to me like Ian has gone through this challenge alone once upon a time and emerged victorious. I'm currently struggling to go through my second box of pizza but he's been going through his like a freaking wrecking ball.

Hence, why I'm giving him the look; I'm still trying to murder this particular slice of pizza, dude. Answer him!

Ian raises an eyebrow, unaware of the sauce hanging on his cheek. I refuse to find it cute as he replies with his own telepathic eyes. I can't talk with my mouth full, however, you have it down to a science. So, answer him.

Even when he's not using words, he's rude. I think he needs an attitude orientation.

I swallow another particularly large chunk of pizza in my mouth and turn to face Agustín who is busy holding a timer, ignoring the way Pedro is putting my face on his Snapchat story. "Yeah, we started dating... like yesterday."

Agustín raises his eyebrows. "Really?"

I take another large bite and nod. "Yep. This is our first date," I say through a mouthful and swallow, pointedly ignoring Ian's scandalized look. "Classy, right?"

Pedro chuckles and the sound is a bit too sardonic to be coming out of such a young body. "You have amazing taste in men," Pedro murmurs. The sarcasm in his voice can't be overlooked.

I shrug as I take another bite. "What's not to like about Ian? Such a charming personality. And he knows how to treat a girl," I say with sugary sweetness. Ian glares at me as he continues to devour his pizza and I decide to join him. We've only gone through four boxes— we have six more to go and we only have about fifty minutes left.