23. Kristoff

Everything happens; some get hurt maybe a fairy tale of damage but nature can't be changed. We just walk away with memories that carries a story being made after as history.
—Aloysius Jnr.

"Love looks good on you

"Love looks good on you."

I chuckle as I shimmy into a pair of tight black leather pants. "Reyna, please, don't be dramatic. I'm not in love with Ian."

Reyna laughs along as she stares into the webcam. Her frizzy hair is in a ponytail and her glasses are perched on her nose. She's lying down on her stomach, her face calm and free of stress lines. For the first time in a long while, she looks relaxed.

"You literally forgave him the minute he came over to apologize. I honestly thought you'd make him grovel but nope, you were whipped enough to just let it go."

"Or mature enough," I correct her as I jam my feet into a pair of sandals. "I'm getting mature. Like I'm turning eighteen. It's finally showing on me."

Reyna rolls her eyes but doesn't argue. I think it's her way of agreeing but then again, maybe she's just feeling too relaxed to argue. "Where is he even taking you?"

"I don't know," I shrug before turning to look at my reflection. Damn, the pants have to go. It doesn't match the shade of black on my top. "He said I should wear something casual. Do I look casual?"

"You look like Demi Lovato in her Confident video."

"I'll take that as a no," I drawl, quickly pulling off the pants. I toss the article of clothing on my bed, adding it to my growing collection of rejected first date clothes. "By the way, how am I meant to act?"

"Like yourself," she replies and I roll my eyes because, of course, Reyna has to be cliché at a time like this. I tend to talk with my mouth full, burp out loud because it's reflex and I could possibly fart in the middle of our date if he accidentally takes me out for burritos. And she wants me to act like myself?

Fuck, no.

"I'll consult columns on how to act on a date from losers on the internet that really don't know much," I shrug lightly as I zip up the shorts and step back so that she can get a full view of my outfit. "Does this black match?"

"The video quality is crap. I don't know," Reyna giggles. "But you look hot, as always."

I smile. "Thanks."

She nods. "Just go on your first ever date, try not to fart out loud and if you must fart at all, make sure it's in a really crowded room. Try to swallow before talking. And for the sake of all that is good, don't take any kind of soft drink. You'll only end up burping into his face."

A snicker bubbles out of my mouth before I can stop it. "So, all that shit you said about me being myself?"

Her smile is sassy but yet, it's brighter than the fluorescent lights hanging over my head. "I was only being half serious," she jokes.