Part 6: But Because She Was No Princess And He Was Not A Prince

We were strange in love, her and I; too wild to last, too rare to die.
—Atticus.

When I told Ian to lose my number, I honestly didn't expect him to actually lose it

I was angry because well, I had the right to be and I was sad because the bastard managed to get some action while I didn't and— ugh, he was just meant to call me a bit, okay?! And maybe text me too! Then I'd pretend to be angry by ignoring his calls and texts a few times and then, when he gets the balls to call again, I'd pick. Then we'd bicker for a while before I tell him to come over and then he will and then we'll do stupid stuff that couples in movies do before he finally helps me hakuna my nonexistent tatas with his bamboo stick.

But no. It's been two days and I haven't heard from the bastard. I've spent these past few days on my bed, eating tons of ice cream whilst ignoring the massive zits that have popped out on my forehead because of my ultimate sugar binge and lack of motivation to shower. I've also spent my time being productive by watching and criticizing episodes of Kaichou Wa Maid Sama!— a funny romcom of an anime that manages to actually make tears prick at my eyes rather than make me burst out in laughter.

I frown as yet again, Misaki Ayuzawa pushes away the sexy popular boy, Usui Takumi, that's been chasing after her. Oh, she keeps pushing him away while it's so obvious that she has deeeeep feelings for him but does she know that most boys don't try this hard? Does she?!

"You fucking princess!" I snap at the screen of my laptop and I shove another spoon of ice cream into my mouth roughly. "Your prince is so determined, no matter the circumstances or consequences! Do you know how lucky you are?! Stop pushing the boy away for fuck's sake! He might just delete your number then who'll be the one chasing, huh?"

A knock comes from my door. I don't look away from the moving fictional characters on my screen. "Go away."

The door opens anyway and the maid I don't like and also don't know her name aka Juliet opens the door. She looks a little bit timid and I bare my teeth at her. "What now? You want me to repeat myself? I said go away!"

She gulps. "There's a young man here to see you, Miss Anderson."

It's almost pathetic how my heart stops beating in my chest for a moment. "Does this 'young man' have tattoos?"

She nods slowly. "Yes–"

"Thanks," I say and I actually mean it. I scramble out of bed and quickly remove my sweatpants to wear a pair of random jeans on the floor. "Tell him I'll be down in like, three minutes."

Juliet blinks. "Oh, of course," she squeaks and then, she runs off leaving the door open.

I don't bother with her. I start to remove my sweat shirt. My face is a mess and my hair probably looks like some kind of bird's nest and— wait. I pause. I quickly pull my sweat shirt over my head again, wearing it.