Note From The Author

And after many sleepless nights, tears of frustration, nervous sweat, lack of inspiration and later, tons of inspiration, before being hit with a serious bout of writer's block; tHIS STORY IS FINALLY FUCKING DONE!!!

Well, not really done. But I'll explain it below. For now, let me stop being rude.

Hey guys! It's me, Halima— or Ham— with my last ever author's note for Tattoos and Graffiti.

I'm sure many of you have questions regarding this story. Like for instance; why is the ending so rushed?

A very good question. If you have more, please feel free to ask; I'll answer them to the best of my capability.

Why is the ending so rushed?

I'm so sorry for the way the ending is. This story was actually meant to be relatively short and mostly Disney fairytale themed. But my brain deviated and tried to concoct something much more complicated. Hence, the chapters couldn't really contain all the drama I cooked up for Scarlett and even Ian; hell, I planned on introducing Scarlett to Abril. I even had a dialogue planned out for them. (A regret.)

("You came to my boyfriend's home; okay. You asked him to take you back right in front of me; terrific," I chuckle lowly but the sound lacks humor. "But then you insult me just because I don't have boobs? I don't normally fight but I can punch you in the face for that."

"You want to fight?" Abril steps up to me, clearly not intimidated by my height. "Before you throw that punch, I have to warn you; I'm a third degree black belt."

...Wait, what?)

If you read the name of the chapters like Part 1 to Part 8, you'll discover that the ending was always meant to be tragic—Ian and Scarlett were never meant to end up together. In fact, they were never meant to end on good terms. Even the tags say so. HappyNeverAfters and all that.
(But I had to write the characters, develop them and low-key ship them smh)

In my head, I had about seventeen different endings. In reality, I typed five different versions—one ending didn't even feature Ian at all. One entertained the idea of Scarlett ruining her party. Another one involved Ian's mom confronting Mr Anderson. Some involved a character like Beau Eli being the number one matchmaker for Ian & Scarlett.

This is why I haven't properly stamped the ending. It's too rushed and I can only blame it all on lack of inspiration and  writer's block. And I don't like to keep you guys waiting so...yeah. This happened.

On another note, I'm also a great believer of writing what you love. And it got to a point that I stopped loving Tattoos & Graffiti—not just because of lack of inspiration but simply because I took a path in the story that I simply couldn't work with anymore. I'm the type to just write; I don't usually plan what I'm going to write because I know myself—it'll just end with me changing it because I thought of something different or "less cliché" or whatever.

(Forgive me. Please.)

If you have any more questions to ask ranging from Scarlett's character to Jameel's favorite food, please ask. I don't mind. At all.

Thank you so much for reading this story to the end. I hope you had a wonderful time reading it despite the ending.

I love you all. Please stay blessed x.

—Halima/Ham.

Edit: Thank you for reading this! My writing has greatly improved since I wrote this so feel free to check newer stories on my page.