Chapter 1:Arrival of the New Paladins

Nova's POV
I watched as the 5 intruders walked in.I eyed them all carefully,cautious to not be seen,but I noticed that in one of their hands was a familiar necklace.
"From the size of the lion,I expected these steps to be bigger." Said the short haired..girl?
Suddenly,a light shines down from the ceiling,a veil soon surrounding the five. "Wow." They all gasp. "Hold for identity scan." Says the fancy computer
"What?" As they're scanned,I sense the one with a robotic arm starts to get impatient. "Why are we here?What do you want with us?"
Once the scan is complete,the castle lights switch on. "Whoa!"
"Whoa." The short haired girl said. "I guess we're going that way."
Suddenly,the necklace tries to slip free from the mullet boy's hand. "Ah!Hey!"
"Dude,what's with your necklace thingy?Even it agrees that you have a terrible fashion sense." "Oh shut up Lance!"
The necklace flies out of his hand and over to me.I recolonized the crystals.The jewels were an onyx,cut in the form of a heart,a jade cut into astar,a ruby cut into sun,a sapphire cut into a crescent moon,and a citrine cut into a diamond.That was when it hit me. "Mother's necklace."
That only made things worse.Now all five looked at me.
Nobody's POV
"Mother's necklace."
The 5 turn and they see a young human girl with long brown hair and hazel eyes.She wore a long white dress and flats.
"Who are you?" asked Keith.The girl,terrified,starts backing away. "We don't want to-"
The girl turns and she starts running down the hall. "Way to go Keith."
"Shut up Lance." "Not now you two,lets move on,maybe if we follow her,she'll know where we are.But go slowly,she seems hesitant with others.With the others nodding,they slowly walk down the halls. "Hello?" Hunk says,his voice echoing.
"Hello?"
"You can come out.We're not gonna hurt ya." Pidge says.
The five walk into a control room.Nova hides behind her pod.The room appears to be pitch black.
Keith's POV
She was hiding in here.Both Shiro and I knew it.With a small wink and nod to the others I spoke up. "Well,there's nothing important here I guess.Let's go."
We heard a sigh a relief,and that's when our diversion sprang into action.
Nova's POV
It was still dark in here.The darkness was the only way for me to remain hidden.Thank goodness for that.I couldn't see anything but it sounded like they were leaving.I came out from behind the pod,sighing with relief as I backed up a bit bumping into something...more like..someone.I quickly turn around,seeing the young man with the robotic arm. "Ah!" I yell.I turn and run,only to bump into a chest.Blushing,I look up to see the mullet boy once again.I had stared into his violet eyes for a few ticks,but before I could do anything else,he grabbed my wrists.I helplessly try to break free of his grasp,but he just pulled me back into him. "Let me go.Please." I begged. "I know you're scared,but we need your help.We don't know where we are or why we're here.Can we trust you?" He said.I looked away,I couldn't answer anything,not when the ones who sacrificed themselves for me risked it all.I trembled,fear clouded my eyes.I could sense guilt in his eyes and I felt him loosen his grip on my wrists.That's when the lights came on.
Nobody's POV
"Where are we?" Lance asks.
"It's..some kind of control room." She says,eyeing the control panel as it dimly glows.Suddenly,two pods rise up and they all gasp.Hunk hides behind the control panel. "Are these guys... dead?"
A pod opens and Allura awakens,gasping. "Father!" She tries to walk but she falls,Lance catching her. "Whoa." The two look at each other.Lance blushes a bit but he controls it,his look turning flirtatious. "Hello."
"Who are you?Where am I?" Asked the Allura. "I'm Lance. And you're right here in my arms." Allura looks at Lance,observing him. "Your ears." "Yeah?"
"They're hideous.They look like Sultaa-erm,Nova's ears.What's wrong with them?" She asks.
"Nothing's wrong with them!They heard exactly what you said about them!" Suddenly,Allura,takes his arm,twisting it behind his back,pushing him down into one knee.He screams.
"Who are you?Where is King Alfor?What are you doing in my castle?" She realizes something and she tightens her hold. "What have you done to Nova?!" She asks,infuriated. "Princess...I'm fine." Allura looks and she sees Keith holding Nova's wrists. "Unhand her this instant!" Allura demands.Keith immediately lets her go and she heads over to Allura. "Oh Nova,did they hurt you?Whatever they did I'll do on them 10-fold." Allura says calmly. "N-Now Princess,I-I'm fine. I'm unharmed,I promise." "Now," Allura looks back to Lance. "Why are you all here?!"
"A giant blue lion brought us here!That's all we know!" Lance says.
"How do you have Blue?" Nova asks.
"What happened to its paladin and apprentice?What are you all doing here?Unless...how long has it been?" Allura asks.
"We don't know what you're talking about.Why don't you tell us who you two are?Maybe we can help."
"I am Princess Allura of Planet Altea,and this," she looks to Nova. "Is Nova.I've got to find out where we are and how long we've been asleep." Allura says,placing both hands onto the control panel as a small screen appears.
"Okay,that's how that works."
Another pod opens and there appears an older altean man. "Coran!" Nova says,somewhat relieved.
Coran gasps. "Enemy combatants!" He screams.He charges for Lance,who expertly dodges,and Coran leans against another pod. "Quiznak!You're lucky I have a case of the old 'sleep chamber knees.'Otherwise,I'd grab your head like this,wrap you up like so,and one,two,three." He snaps his fingers. "Sleepy time!"
"Well,before you did that,I'd do this." He expertly performs dodging techniques. "Like that."
"Really?How could you do that when I've already come at you with this?" He starts doing a hand chop motion. "Ha,ha, ha,hey!"
"Man,these guys are good." Hunk says.
The computer lets out small beeping noises.
"It can't be." Allura says in disbelief. "What is it?" Coran asks.
"We've been asleep for 10,000 years." Nadia gasps.
"Planet Altea and all of the planets in our solar system have been destroyed.Coran,Father is gone.Nova,Lady Phaora is gone." Nova sniffs.Coran puts a hand on her shoulder. "Our entire civilization...." Her face fills with rage. "Zarkon."
Shiro gasps. "Zarkon?"
"He was the King of the Galra." Nova says. "A vile creature and enemy to all free people." Allura states next,rage detected in her voice. "I remember now...I was his prisoner." Nova kept her gasp silent.
"He's still alive?Impossible!" Allura says.
"I can't explain it,but it's true.He's searching for a super weapon called Voltron."
"He's searching for it because he knows it's the only thing that can defeat him,and that's exactly why we must find it before he does."
Meanwhile......
In a large spaceship,Haggar sits on her knees,surrounding by floating purple diamonds.That's when,she receives a certain presence. "Ah..." She moans out.(A/N:....-shudders-).
Haggar rises,walking to the main deck,where Zarkon stands. "The Blue Lion has returned,and now I feel a resurgence of Altean energy."
"Alfor's daughter lives?How?" Zarkon asks. "I know not,but it is time to reclaim what is rightfully ours."
"Yes.I shall wipe that foul race from the universe forever and take back Voltron." "I also felt another presence.But,she lies dormant in a young lady's soul.One that lingered in nothing but...light." Haggar says next.Zarkon looks to Haggar. "Contact my commanders."
Elsewhere.......
In a spaceship,a Galra soldier walks up to Sendak,a Garlan commander. "Emperor Zarkon requests an audience."
Zarkon appears on a screen. "Commander Sendak,the Princess of Altea is alive and hiding in your sector.We believe she alone holds the whereabouts of the remaining lions.Your battle fleet is the closest to her location.Retrieve her and the lions.With them all,the Galra Empire will be unstoppable."
"I fight for the empire.I conquer in the name of Galra.No foe has ever stood in my way and none ever will." Sendak says,bowing with "Very well then,oh..and one more thing.Beware the necklace of Eliana.And as for it's current wearer...bring her to me."
"Yes Emperor.Vrepit sa." Zarkon vanishes from the screen.Sendak turns round. "Set a course for Arus." He says to a soldier. "And prepare our traitorous guest for her...treatment."