Chapter 3:Searching for Red plus some Inspiration

Allura opens two wormholes as everyone shoots to the sky with Lance and Hunk in the Blue Lion and Pidge with Shiro in a pod.Coran appears on a screen. "We can only keep the wormholes that lead to the other lions open for two of your Earth hours,so you'll have to be quick about your work.The good news is that according to my readings,both planets are relatively peaceful.So,if you do get stuck, they could be relaxing places to live out the rest of your lives.Well,enjoy the trip!"
The four panic and they all start protesting.
"Wait!What?No!"
"I did not receive the memo on this!" Hunk yells.
The groups go their separate ways into their wormholes.
About 1 human hour later......
"GAHHHH!!!" Nova yells out in frustration,walking over to a wall."I can't do it." She starts pounding her head against the wall. "I can't do it.What was my mother thinking?I'm such a failure.I can't find her,I can't find Red.Why?!I can't do it.I can't do it!I CAN'T DO IT!" She finishes it with one last bang to the forehead and she sighs.Keith looks at Nova.
"What's got you upset?" He asks.Blushing,she looks to Keith. "N-Nothing.Just having a hard time trying to locate Red. Then again,maybe I don't have to locate her exactly..." She looks over to Keith,hesitantly taking his hand. "Come with me....hurry."
Nova takes off,practically dragging Keith half of the way there. "Whoa!" Keith yells,trying to keep up. "S-Sorry." Eventually,the two stumble into a dark room. "This room should be it..." As the door closes,the once pitch black room turns into a golden grassland.Red,magenta,and pink flowers roam as far as the eye can see. "Whoa...it's amazing in here." Keith says,amazed at what he sees.Then,two holograms appear in the center,causing both Keith and Nova to turn around.Nova tears up and smiles weakly as she gasps. "Mom....Erika."
"Nova,my lovely sister,how we've missed your face." Nova lets a few tears fall from her eyes,she runs over,falling at the computer's side.Keith walks up,standing beside her. "Mother....sister...it really is you!" She reaches out to them,only for her hand to go through their's.Nova flinches at this,drawing her hand back.Sadness fills her eyes and Keith puts a hand on her shoulder out of pity. "Sorry sis,one of the sad things of being a hologram." Erika says sympathetically with a weak grin.
"Uncle Alfor and I knew there was a chance we might never see you again.So,all our memories,our very beings,were stored in this computer just for you." Phaora says warmly.Erika gives Keith a cold stare. "And who's this?" "Oh,u-um right,this is Keith....a possible candidate for being Red's new paladin." Nova says sheepishly.Erika gives Keith a firm stare. "You not only better take good care of my lion but also my sister!She deserves love every second of everyday.She's fragile and gets sick easily.Break her heart,I'll be sure I come out of this computer and skin you alive." Keith was terrified.Not only was this girl a hologram,but Nova's sister and a former paladin,meaning she'd kick butt. "ERIKA!He-He's not my...boyfriend." "Fine,but,remember those words if it ever happens mullet."
"ANYWAYS," Nova blurts,blushing and embarrassed. "I'm in need of help.A Galra ship is set to attack,and I don't know where Red is.Please,I need your help."
"I know her last known location,an abandoned planet next to Altea." "Altea is gone Eri.If anything,they could've blown up the planet next door and Red might've ran off." Nova says with sympathy.
"Altea is gone?" Erika asks. "Yes,our home is gone,Erika." Phaora says. "But I think I can help."
Keith and Nova look at her with eagerness. "The necklace that you wear has the life force of each lion,it's not only connected to the user,but the inner souls as well.Just focus on Red's energy and you'll be bound to find her."
"Very well.I'll try." Nova says.Nova then shuts her eyes,focusing her energy to find Red.A light red aura surrounds her hand,glowing dimly. "Whoa.She's focused." "Any keeper should keep a maintained,focused aura."
After a while,Nova's eyes shoot open. "I know where she is!But...it's not really good news." She stands. "Thank you both." She turns to Keith. "Let's go." She turns back to her family. "Bye mother,bye Erika!" She runs off.Keith turns,about to leave. "Wait." Keith turns around.He sees a desperate yet sad look upon Phaora's face.Erika appears to have disappeared. "Keith,is it?Promise me something." "Yes?"
"Do the one thing I couldn't:Protect her.With every bone in that body protect for that beloved child.That girl has more power than she could imagine.Inside her lies a powerful being.I couldn't tell nor train her in time.Keep her safe.....I'm begging you!"
"......I will."
Later........
The 5 Paladins,Allura,Nova,and Coran stand in the central room. "You made it." Allura says,relieved.Pidge and Hunk has successfully received the Green and Yellow lions. "Yeah,just barely.That was a nightmare.I almost puked out there.I felt like Hunk!" Lance says. "Think how I felt.I am Hunk!" Hunk states. "Yeah.We had a tough time,too." Pidge shyly admits. "Did we find the Red Lion yet?" Shiro asks.
"Nova just located it.There's a bit of good news and bad news.The good news is,the Red Lion's nearby.The bad news is, it's on board that Galra ship now orbiting Arus.But wait,good news again.We're Arus!" Crona says. "They're here already?" Shiro asks,a bit nervous and scared. "Yes.Guess my calculations were a bit off.Finger counting is...it's more of an art than a science." Coran admits.Suddenly,another alarm goes off. "Hmm?"
They all turn and they see Sendak on a screen.
"Princess Allura,this is Commander Sendak of the Galra Empire.I come on behalf of Emperor Zarkon,Lord of the Known Universe.I am here to confiscate the lions and the wearer of the Lion Keeper's necklace.Turn them over to me,or I will destroy your planet."
The screen vanishes. "All right,let's not panic." Shiro says,remaining calm.
"Not panic?" Hunk asks. "Th-The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship toward us.We only have four lions."
"Technically,only three working lions." Pidge states. "That's right.Thank you,Pidge.Three working lions and a castle that's,like,10,000 years old."
"Actually,it's 10,600 years old.You see,it was built by my grandfather-" Hunk cuts off Coran. "Thanks,Coran.Thank you for that.See?Now is the perfect time to panic!"
"Wait!This castle has a particle barrier we can activate." Allura says,trying to raise up the hope. "Girl,you've already activated my par-" Keith immediately puts his hands over Nova's ears as Shiro cuts Lance off. "Lance!" Must protect the innocence that this poor girl has left. Keith thinks to himself,determined.Once Lance finally shuts up,Keith removes his hands.Nova blushes lightly.
"The particle barrier won't hold Sendak's ion cannon forever.The Galra technology must have advanced since we fought them last."
Hunk looks to Shiro. "Panic now?" "No.We've just got to figure out our plan of action,and figure it out quickly."
"I say we pop through a wormhole and live to fight another day." Lance says. "I second that.Yes.I mean,we tried to find all the lions,right?We gave it the old college try.Couldn't do it.We only have three.We can't form Voltron.I guess we could form a snake.Or a worm!To go through that hole,Lance,that you were talking about." Hunk says,immediately siding with him. "Then,it's settled." He looks to Allura,a flirty look on her face. "Allura,you ride with me.One of you take the old guy." Coran blushes red with anger.
"We can't just abandon Arus.The Galra will keep destroying planets and capturing prisoners until we stop them." Pidge argues.
"Okay.If we run,then maybe Sendak will follow us and leave this planet alone,like when we left Earth.We form the snake-worm thingamajig and we-" he does a hissing noise. "Out of here." Nova sighs. "Sendak could destroy the planet then come after us anyway.Staying is our only option." Keith says,unknowingly putting a hand on her shoulder.
"Here's an option:shut your quiznak." Lance says.
(A/N:.....Oh....my god!)
"I don't think you're using that word correctly." Keith says. (A/N:DAMN STRAIGHT!)
"What do you know,Mullet?" Lance asks tauntingly. "N-Now now,please d-don't fight." Nova requests.
"We're staying." Keith states. "Leaving!" "Staying!" "Snake!"
"Guys,stop!" Shiro yells.Everyone shuts up and the lot turn to Allura. "Princess Allura,these are your lions.You've dealt with the Galra Empire before.You know what we're facing better than any of us.What do you think is the best course of action?"
"I...I don't know." Allura admits in defeat.Taking a breath,Nova walks up. "Perhaps your father can help."
"My father?"
Timeskip.....
The two walk down a hallway.A door opens and the pitch black generator room appears.A computer in the center shines.
"Nova,what is this?" Allura asks.
"King Alfor knew there was a chance he might never see you again.So,his very being along with my mother's and sister's,were stored in this computer for us." Nova pauses for a bit. "I'll just....leave the two of you alone for a while." Nova says,leaving.
Later.............
Allura walks back in.Her long white hair is tied up in a bun.She wears a white suite with cyan,purple,and pink stripes.
"You five paladins were brought here for a reason.The Voltron Lions are meant to be piloted by you and you alone.We must fight and keep fighting until we defeat Zarkon.It is our destiny.Voltron is the universe's only hope.We are the universe's only hope."
"We're with you,Princess."
Timeskip.....(Sorry.I'm not only a high schooler,I'm tired,I saw an eclipse the 21st of August,and I'm tired as hell.)
"Your suits of armor." 5 suits of armor rest behind glass pods.Keith eyes a lavender and white dress encased in glass as well beside bits of golden armor. "Cool!" "Outstanding." "Nice." "Oh, neat!" Hunk eyes his suit. "Hmm..." He looks at the hilt of the suit. "Mmm..." He then looks at his figure. "Hmm."
"Princess,are you sure about this?They aren't exactly the best and brightest the universe has to offer." Coran whispers to her. "No,but they're all we've got." She whispers back. "Boys,it's time to suit up!" Shiro says.
One montage later......
Nova holds a large glass tray of odd looking weapons.
"The bayard is the traditional weapon of the Paladins of Voltron.It takes a distinct shape for each paladin."
Hunk gets a grasp of his.He gasps as it turns into an odd machine gun.Keith gasps as his turns into a sword.A part of his suit forms a shield.Lance watches in amazement as his bayard turns into a large gun. "Whoo!"
Pidge smiles.Although the bayard hasn't changed,it glows green at the end. "Aw,you got a cute little bayard." Lance says teasingly.Pidge pokes him with her bayard.He screams,groans,and he then whimpers. "Yeah,it is pretty cute."
"Shiro,I'm afraid your bayard was lost with its paladin." Allura says sympathetically. "I guess I'll just have to make do." Shiro says.Allura pulls up map.
"You'll need to retrieve the Red Lion from Sendak's ship."
"That's a pretty big ship.How are we gonna know where the Red Lion is?" Keith asks. "Well it's not a matter of 'we.'It's a matter of "you'." Pidge says.
"Pidge is right.Once we get you in,you'll be able to feel its presence and like track it down." Nova says.
"Yeah.You know how you felt that crazy energy while we were in the desert?" Lance asks. "Yeah. You made fun of me for that."
"And I'm proud of that,but turns out it's exactly like that mumbo-jumbo." Lance says with pride.
"Keith,remember,the Red Lion is extremely temperamental.You'll have to earn its respect." Allura says.Keith nods. "I want Nova to come with us....just in case." "Nova?" Allura asks,giving Keith an 'Are you serious?' look.
"I-I'll go.I'd like to see Red again." Nova speaks up,Allura then nodding.
"All right.Here's our plan of attack.The Galra Empire knows about the Blue and Yellow Lion,but they don't know we have the Green Lion,too.Hunk,Lance,you'll act as a decoy by pretending to give yourselves up." Shiro starts.Hunk and Lance nod. "While Sendak is distracted,Keith,Pidge,Nova,and I will sneak onto the ship in the Green Lion.Keith,Nova, and I will find the Red Lion while Pidge guards our exit.Hunk,Lance,find some way to take down that ion cannon."
The entire group nods. "Alright then,let's do this then."