Chapter 4:Operation Infiltrate

Lance and Hunk fly in their lions.Pidge flies hers around the side,hiding underneath.Lance appears on the tech screen of the Galra's control room.
"Attention,Galra ship." Lance starts. "Do not fire.We're surrendering our lions." Sendak smirks.
"Hope this works." Lance whispers to himself.The green lion softly lands on the side of the ship.The four start to enter the ship. "Pidge,what's your ETA?" Lance whispers into his communicator.
Shiro helps Nova up onto her feet. "We're in." Pidge whispers right back.
"Activate tractor beam." Sendak commands.A light starts to glow.
"What's that thing?" Hunk asks. "I think that's our signal to get out of here!"
The two dodge out of the way just before it hits them. "They lied to us.Launch fighters!" Small fighter pods shoot out.
"Hunk,you dismantle the ion cannon while I take these jerks on a space ride!" Lance says.
"Ten-four!"
The Red Lion retrieval squad runs through the halls.Suddenly,Shiro stops.Memories flow through his head as he groans.
"I've been here before." He manages to speak. "After I was taken by the Galra cruiser off Kerberos,they brought us here."
"So,that means your other crewmembers,they might be held captive here.We...We've got to rescue them." Pidge says.
"Pidge,we don't have time.We have to get the Red Lion and get back to Arus." Shiro retorts. "But we can't just leave prisoners here!" "Look, no one understands that more than me,but,in war,we have to make hard choices.Now,let's get moving."
"No!Commander Holt is my father.He and my brother were the ones on the Kerberos Mission with you." Pidge admits.
"Commander Holt is your father?" "Yes.I've been searching everywhere for him and my brother.And I'm not going to give up looking when I'm this close.I won't!"
After thinking it over,Shiro makes up his mind. "I'm coming with you."
"What?"
"I remember where the prisoners are held. Keith, you and Nova go find the Red Lion."
"But Shiro its-" Nova gets cut off. "Minor change of plans.You'll both fine.Just remember,patience yields focus.
A door from a neighboring hall opens. "So run!"
The two run their separate ways,Keith running with Nova close behind,him tightly holding her hand.They stop at a fork path. "Great.Now,which way?"
Outside,Hunk charges at the cannon,but fails to leave a mark.Hunk grunts. "What the quiznak?What is that?" He sees a purple sphere covering the cannon. "A force field?"
Back inside,Keith and Nova turn through winding halls....soon ending up where they started. "You've got to be kidding me!" He groans.Then,he takes a deep breath. "Patience yields focus." He mutters. "Cl-Close your eyes.I got an idea." Nova says.The two close their eyes,trying to sense Red.Eventually,Keith speaks up,opening his eyes. "Gotcha." Nova opens hers,hazel clashing with violet. "Ok,let's roll." "Mhm." The two run off.
Shirk and Pidge run down the hall,a small triangular android appears.Before it can do anything,Pidge shocks it.Then, gets a closer look at it. "Huh?"
"That thing saw us.We should get out of here."
"Wait.I think this might come in handy.Now,I'll just reset the controls" she flips around a few parts "...and it's working for us." It beeps happily. "I'm going to call you 'Rover.'Follow me!" They all run down to a cell.Pidge turns to Rover. "Open up." Rover lets out a small laser.The door opens as it unlocks.Shiro laughs. "Excellent,Pidge." As they walk in,most of the alien prisoners gasp.Pidge glances around. "Dad?" Not being able to find him,she sighs in defeat.
"Don't be afraid.We're here to help you escape." Shiro says.
"It's you...It's you,the Champion.If anyone can get us out of here,he can." Says an elderly prisoner. "Wh-What did you call me?"
"We don't have much time.Let's get to the escape pods." Pidge says. "Let's go.Come on!" A prisoner stops and looks to Shiro. "There's still two more prisoners down the hall.Please,save them."
"We'll do what we can." He looks to Pidge. "Let's get them to the escape pod.Then,we'll save the last two." Pidge nods.
Soon,both Keith and Nova arrive at the docking bay,finding Red in his force field.
"Bingo." He places his hand on the barrier. "Let's get out of here.Open up." No response. "It's me.Keith.Your buddy." Still no response.He gets frustrated. "It's me!Keith,your-I am your paladin!" Keith yells. "Let me try...please." Nova says,trying to contain her laughter.She walks up,placing a hand on the force field. "Red?Are you sleeping silly kitty?" She asks.No response. "Red it's me,Nova.Erika's sister.You know....fish girl." Still no response.
Tears fill Nova's eyes. "R-Red?"
Suddenly,lasers are fired. "Holy quiznak!" Nova says. "Stay behind me!" Keith yells,pulling Nova behind him.He activates his shield and turns to Red. "I'm bonding with you!Hey!Come on!We're all connected" He groans with frustration and activates his bayard. "Stay here.Don't move." He charges at the drones. "You're not getting this lion!" Keith yells,slicing through most of the drones.A drone recognizes Nova's necklace. "The necklace...retrieve the bearer unharmed." Keith slices through the drone. "Oh no you don't." Hurrying back over,he smashes a button and the bay doors open.High winds occur and the drones are sent hurling into space.Keith and Nova hold on desperately,but their grips soon loosen and their hurled into space as well.Keith starts to breathe heavily.Suddenly,the ruby of Nova's necklace glows brightly.For a moment Nova's eyes turn white as she sings a graceful melody.She snaps back into reality however once seeing Red appear.The two are sucked into the main control.Keith takes the pilot seat and Nova stands at his side. "Good kitty.Let's roll." They jet off.
Pidge and Shiro guide the prisoners through the halls.Pidge sees the open pod up ahead. "Hurry!"
The prisoner from earlier looks to Shiro. "What about the others?" "We will get them.But they'd want you all to be safe first." Shiro says. "Halt!" Pidge gasps as a small horse of drones approach.Shiro groans in some pain as his hand glows light magenta.He falls to his knees.Most of the sound becomes distorted. "Shiro?Shiro,what's wrong?" Pidge asks with concern.Suddenly,Shiro charges at the drones,slicing each of them with his awesome hand(it's basically a bitch slapping hand sword!!).All sound returns to normal as the drone thuds. "Thank you,Shiro." "Don't forget them!"
"Wait!How do you-" The pod door closes and the pod disappears.He sighs. "Shiro,that was amazing!Where did you learn to fight with that?"
"No idea.Come on.There's two more prisoners we got to save." Nodding,the two run off.
A few moments later.......
After shortly arriving,the cell door opens,revealing two young women.One looked around Shiro's age with really long blonde hair and sea green eyes.She had scars running up and down her arms.She laid in the arms of a young Galra girl,who wore the army uniform of her kind. "Who are you?" Asked the Galra. "We're here to rescue you.Other prisoners said that you were held up here." "Well they said right.I don't know how but you two got to yourselves out of here before a druid comes.If they come back,they'll finish the job and kill the human.I managed to stop the bleeding but I don't know how long it'll last." She says. "Forget about me.Save her!"
"We'll get you both out.I promise." Pidge says.The Galran girl shakes her head. "No.There's work that I must do here.So leave me here.Please." She begs.Then,Shiro scoops up the blonde in the bridal hold. "I hope we're not making a mistake." Shiro states with sympathy. "You're not.Just keep fighting for the freedom of the Galaxy,the universe.As of right now,I will forever be in your debt,Paladins of Voltron.Now go.Hurry."
Nodding,they all start to leave,then Shiro looks back to her. "What's your name?"
"Karae."
"Well,Karae,thank you,I shall be in your debt as well."
Karae smiles weakly as Shiro leaves.
Outside.......
Hunk tries to break through the force field,his lion shooting a light cannon. "Come on,just break,you stupid thing!" He succeeds. "Score one for Hunk!" He charges his lion into the cannon,leaving a huge dent in it.He sees the red,blue,and green lions fly around. "You guys made it!"
"Kitty Rose has left the stage!"
"Let's get the heck out of here!"
"I hope I stopped that cannon. I could barely make a dent in it."
"We also have two Galra prisoners in need of serious medical attention."
"After them!" Sendak commands. "Either we get those lions and the necklace bearer or we blow this whole planet to cosmic dust!Fire the ion cannon!"
"Sir,the ion cannon has been damaged." "Then send the drones to fix it!"