Three

"I'm Sweeney, Sweeney Todd, pleasure to meet your acquaintance, and your little self. How old are you Max?"
I asked.

"Six."
The boy replied.
"Who are you?"

"I'm a barber, and an excellent one at that my boy."
I said.

"You don't look like a barber."
The boy said.

"Right them my boy. Come, sit, sit. Let Sweeney clean you up."

"I have no beard sir."
The boy said almost disappointed.

"Right! But you have that  hair on your head. Sit."
I said and smiled as I put the boy softly into the chair, and produced a white sheet over his shoulders.

I paused, stepped back and looked at the boy-head too toe.

"Man your short!"
I said as I placed a wooden box under his bottom.

"Sorry about the hardness." (Not that Mr. Todd was really sorry for the boy)

I placed the blade down by the boy's neck when all of a sudden...."Mr. Todd! I don't have a beard! Though it would be nice to have one. Have you ever thought about growing one Mr?

"Right, but you have that hair on your head, still. And, no I have not."
I said.

The boy had silky, shiny, smooth red hair with green eyes-well groomed if I do say so myself. But my purpose here is to get rid of all these bastards-they killed my family.

"So how are you my fine well groomed kiddo?"
I ask way to obvious.

"I'm great. How are you Mr. T? How's Mrs. Lovett? Is she your wife?"
He said quickly.

"Good... I'm great, and Mrs. Lovett is doing just fine, no she's my helper. She loves me like one though, I could never think to marry her though. I have Lucy. I love Lucy."
I tell the boy.

"Who's Lucy?"

".........My wife."
I say quietly as I cut the boys hair.🏴