13

"Everything alright Nate?" I ask looking back at the others as Tej starts to make something. "Yeah, yeah we're fine. No jobs for a week?" He queries. "Eliot got stabbed. Parker almost got killed. Sophie got in over her head and because of it the whole team could have went down. We could have lost them Nate." I hear him grumble and sigh. " I know I know. You're coming back right? Sophie she doesn't listen to me, she listens to you..." "Because she knows I'll kick her ass if she endangers us. Nate you can handle her, you can handle them. You don't need me, you've survived without me before. But yeah I'll be back when the jobs done." I hold the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I watch everyone work together as a team. "You know with my enemies Nate I won't always be there. You have to know that and be able to deal with it." "Malia we can help you if someone's coming after you." Nate starts to rant. I let out a soft scoff and the corner of my lips lift into a small smile. "Some battles I'll need to fight alone but no one is after me Nate. Not yet at least. I've got to go ok? No jobs." "Bye Mal."

Walking back to the group Dom chucks a leather jacket at me, I study it, it's too big to be mine. "Put it on, we're going out." I shrug putting on the giant jacket ignoring the look for Brian. "Everything ok back home?" "Yup Nate was just questioning his marching orders." I joke shoving Brian. "Who's driving?" "Brian and I, the less cars going the harder it will be for them to track us back here again." I head to Dom's car, and hop in the drivers seat. Dom comes over with Rom and Han opening the door. "Keys?" I hold my hand out but am surprised when I am picked up and flung down on to one of the back seats. I glare at Dom and Han who is in the passenger seat and then Roman who is beside me not even trying to cover up his laughter. "Ohhhh you'll regret this Toretto."

It doesn't take long before we arrive at the races under the overpass. I hop out of the car and sit on the roof ignoring Dom. Until he steps between my legs and pulls me down into a kiss which he breaks when we hear. "Hey Toretto." Slowly we detatch and turn to face Hobbs, of course he took the bait, everyone quiets down. Waiting for the confrontation to start. His posse of agents line up behind him including a police officer, my guess the one non corrupt one in the city. "Well I'll be damned. Malia Singer. A lot of people have been looking for you." I bite my lip and lean against Dom's bonnet. "I'll bet." "You're under arrest." "Arrest?" Dom asks surprised, aww bless must be his first time. I start to laugh. "I don't feel like I'm under arrest. How about you Brian?" "No not a bit." Brian replies across from me barely able to keep a straight face. He turns to face Hobbs "Not even a little bit." Hobbs is not fazed by the playful banter ocurring infront of him and remains ever serious. "Just give it a minute. It will sink in." "Hun the only reason you'd ever get me into handcuffs is if we were in the bedroom, but even then I'm pretty sure it would be you on your knees begging for mercy." I say swaying up to Hobbs getting close but not too close. I hear the figiting of hands on a gun. "Oh someone's a little antsy." I wink at them and chuckle before walking back to the group.

"We didn't kill those feds. That was Reyes." Brian speaks to Hobbs trying to shed some light on the crooked business man. "I don't give a sh1t. I am just here to bring in some assholes whose names hit my desk." Hobbs is getting impatient and annoyed now. "Yeah, that sounds like a real hero." Ouch that struck a nerve Hobbs strides forward closing the gap. "That's funny. From the guy who took the oath of a cop and then went against everything it stood for. Or some wannbe tough guy prick who beat a man half to death with a socket wrench." I scoff, "You're not an angel yourself Hobbs. I mean what's been happening with lil' Sammy recently... oh wait... you wouldn't know..." Hobbs looks furious as he turns to face me. "Oh don't get me started on you Singer so much wrong with you we could be her for months but hey do your buddies here know about your time being a merc for hire." I purse my lips, but do not back down or lower my head or gaze from his. He finally turns away, "All of you turn around and put your hands behind your back." Dom spares me a glance before replying and getting in Hobbs' face "I don't think so." "Your mistake is thinking you got a goddamn choice boy." Hobbs spits in Dom's face as his men raise their weapons.

Leo and Santos visibly sigh at their stupidity. "And your mistake? Thinking you're in America. You're a long way from home." Dom spares a gaze at each one of Hobbs' men. "This is Brazil." I take out my handgun and aim it at Hobbs' massive head, the mass of people around us also removing concealed weapons from their person. Brian scoffs at them as one of Hobbs' men tell him to back down. After a staring match and some words they set off, watching their backs as they leave.

I walk to one of the guys I won a car off but after it didn't meet our needs for the course I gave it back. "I need the keys." He gives me them without saying a word. I did him a favor giving him the car back and now he's doing me one. I get in the car looking at my team before I drive.