15

So the rest of the night was spent interrogating me and me giving bullsh1t answers because come on they didn't need to know. My life before this changes nothing. People start to head off to their rooms to sleep but my mind won't shut down. So instead I make a pot of coffee, put headphones blasting music in my ears and start going through the contingency plans. Cause something is going to go wrong, I know it. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Dom's voice comes through as he removes an earbud. I turn to face him raising an eyebrow, "Shouldn't you?" Dom chuckles grabbing my waist, "now how am I meant to sleep when there's a pretty little thing 10 meters away from me blaring music with a spot light on?" I scowl, turning around and getting back to work. "Why didn't you tell us?" He stops my hand from putting the earbud in again. I growl annoyed, sharply turning to face him. "Really? This again?! This is exactly why you all weren't meant to find out!"

Dom reaches out and touches my cheek wiping away a tear that was unknowingly shed, before his lips captured mine. Moments later we break apart for breathe before Dom's hands grab me and lift me. Wrapping my legs around his waist he walks into a spare room.

*the next morning*

Walking out of the room wearing a pair of shorts and a large tshirt I make a beeline for the coffee. Brian whistles at me and starts wiggling his eyebrows. "Someone got laid." I glare at him before kicking him off the sofa. "You're just mad cause you didn't." I remark making the guys laugh and Rom to whisper "Burn." "Speaking of where is your better in every way other half?" Brian glares at me mockingly before laughing. "At the market, seeing as currently she's the only one who's not wanted." After taking a long sip of my coffee I laugh, "You know had you have called me earlier I could have just set you up. New ID, new life, new car , new house. But nah I'm Brian instead of doing the easy thing, I'll just go after the head guy and try to break him O'Connor." I laugh a little with everyone else.

Half an hour later everyone is doing their own thing, Rom and I are working on a cop car with him teasing me. "When am I going to get a piece of all that?" He gestures to me, when Mia walks in with a man alongside her looking frightened. Immediately I draw my hand gun from my waist band pointing it at him. "Stay right where you are and don't move!" I yell. "No, hey wait. It's ok Reyes' guy were waiting for me at the market. Vince saved my life." Mia speaks to Brian as he tries to stop him from getting any closer to the man. Still with my gun trained on him I glance over to Mia and then back at the man. "Yeah? And how'd he know where you'd be along with Reyes' men? This not smelling like a trap to anyone else?" 'Vince' raises his hands, "wow wow wow, I heard through the grapevine okay? Reyes sent out a message to anyone he's had dealings with." I glare at him walking closer before shoving him against the cop car beside us. I start to pat him down. "You don't know how many times I've heard that only to be bit in the ass."

"He's clean." I step back from him, hesitantly putting away my gun. "Doesn't mean I trust him though." Rom laughs, slapping my back. "You hungry?" Vince moves off the cop car and we all look to Dom who is leaning over a table with some plans on it Han by his side. Whoever this asshat is Dom knows him. "Yeah, sure." "Good because you're saying grace" Dom replies after a short pause. My mouth drops open and the feeling of dread and something is going to go wrong intensifies. "Thanks Vince." "I'm heading out for a bit. Need some fresh air." I call as Dom hugs Vince, heading for the exit. Rom grabs my wrist. "You don't need to go you know if you don't like him?" "Yeah thanks Rom but I need a little space from everything right now my heads turning." I kiss his cheek and head to my car.