[2] Charles Xavier

Charles when you told him something he didn't expect

--
Hank, your best friend, had confessed his love to you and everyone knew about it within minutes. Charles, too. He always thought you and Hank were already something, but he never dared to ask you because he was always afraid that the answer would be 'yes, I'm with Hank.'

He didn't want to hear that, because he had been in love with you ever since he met you.
--

"So, you and Hank are together now?" Charles asked with hesitation.

You two were in the kitchen, cooking together.

"Huh? Didn't you hear it? I thought everybody knew." you say, quite confused.

"I heard that Hank confessed his love to you, yes."

"No, not that."

"Oh, well then I have no idea what you're talking about."

You didn't really know how this bring this without feeling guilty, because Hank was your best friend, but you were telling the truth.

"I love Hank, I do love him. But, I'm not IN love with him.. so I told him that and now he's embarrassed."

Charles couldn't believe what you were saying. All those years, he thought you two had something.

"I told him I didn't love him, because I'm interested in someone else."

Charles didn't say anything, again. He was just thinking about how you just told him you're not with Hank, which made his day perfect, and now you're telling him you love someone else.

Completely in another world, Charles snaps back to earth when you say this:

"My heart lays with you, Charles."

"Right."

Is the only thing that comes out of his mouth. You're quite taken aback by it.

"Seriously? You're just gonna say 'right'?"

Charles now comes to the realisation what you just told him and what his answer was.

"No, no, no, no. I'm sorry- that's not what I meant!"

You chuckle at his reaction, he's completely panicking. It's adorable.

"I love you, (y/n). I've wanted to tell you ever since day one, but I was so scared you didn't like me."

You walked up to him, leaving the food you were slicing behind, and kissed him.

"I like you Charles, you're very much liked."