[1] Something New

A/N: Whoop whoop the first chapter is up.

----------------------------------------------------

Claire:

I grip onto the handle of my umbrella tighter, not wanting to end up in the air like Marry Poppins, as the wind starts to pick up again. The rain falls in large, rapid drops, so yes I'm kinda regretting going on foot now. I pick up the pace as I see the house that Alan sent me the address to just up ahead.

I'm grateful that he got someone to help me out, but honestly, I wouldn't have mind it if I didn't have to travel outside of the country. . .especially to a place that has as bad of weather as Beacon Hills.

I knock on the front door waiting patiently as the wind thankfully starts to die down. All Alan told me was that this guy is a seer who's an old friend of his. And that he thinks that he might know what I am. After a few seconds the front door opens.

They guy looks around Alan's age, he has short red hair, but it's slightly on the lighter shade then a flaming red headed Weasley, fair skin, brown eyes, and looks to be around an inch or so shorter then me.

"You must be Claire. I'm Phineas pleasure to meet you." He speaks in a fairly thick British accent. I refrain from snorting at the fact of what his name means in Hebrew. He sticks out his hand and I shake it with a friendly smile on my face.

"Well come on in." Stepping aside, I walk past him before he shuts the door. Phineas leads me to the comfy sized kitchen in his house.

I take a seat at a table by a small window overlooking the street outside. He already has what smells to be tea, and a plate full of cookies on the table. "I thought since you traveled all this way you should at least enjoy some fresh tea."

With a gracious smile intact, I take the cup he served me. Even though I'd rather just get down to business. I mean, I didn't travel more than ten hours just to have a tea party -- but I'm also not going to say no to food.

Now that would be crazy to do.

Taking a seat across from me, and his own cup, a thoughtful expression covers his face. "From what Alan has explained to me I can see now that you certainly are a seer."

My first response is a loud and strangled cough courtesy of the tea going down my trachea. Oh god even when I'm chocking my brain still throws the medical term around. After a few more coughs I finally regain my breath.

I look across the table with watery eyes from the coughing and am met with Phineas and all his nonchalant demeanor. Well if anything I guess I should be happy that he hadn't said anything about seeing me die because of a cup of tea.

"That can't be right." I deny before clearing out my throat. "Seers are suppose to see a persons future, not their past." I point out, choosing to take a cookie instead of tea. From what I've read seers are like fortune tellers except what they see actually comes true. And I don't see what's going to happen, I see what has happened.

"There has always been the misconception that seers only see what lays ahead. In fact most of what is written or told about us is that." He says. I let out long sigh, feeling a bit confused to say the least.

"In reality both past and future share equal importance to any and every individual. So seers are in fact able to see either one." He explains with a short nod to himself.

"Okay so I guess that explains the fact that I can see someones past." I agree. "But is there any chance I can switch to be able to see the future instead?" I ask, hopeful that I'll have something that might be more useful in protecting my family.