[12] Survival Skills And Supernatural Lizards

Claire:

"No." I shake my head, putting the outfit back on the bed. Ana frowns, placing her hand on her hips.

"Well you're not going dressed like that." She points a finger at the outfit I have on.

"What's wrong with what I have on?" I question, looking down at my jeans and blouse.

"What--what's wrong? You look like your headed to a minivan convention. And not like your twenty one." She retorts in disbelief.

"Well if I wear that then my mom is going to skin us alive whether we're twenty one or not." I say, gesturing a finger towards the shorts and the crop top. Sure they fit fine on her 5'4 height but when you add the extra three inches of my height it barely covers much.

She groans before moving over to her closet. "I should have expected this with the fact that you always dress like you're going to a business meeting." She grumbles, pulling some dark jeans out.

"Its called business casual. And I'm a doctor so there's a certain way I'm expected to dress, no matter my age." I remark, looking at the variety of pictures frames hanging on her bedroom walls. I remember her telling me that she only just moved over the summer from Michigan.

She looks up from the jeans, giving me a reassuring smile. "Well screw them. I think that they should just get over the fact that you're young and however smart you are." I smile back at her kind words, remembering how Laura use to tell me the same thing.

"Now lets go have a great worry free night." She exclaims happily, handing me the clothes before shoving me towards the restroom. I lock the door behind me and place the shirt, jeans and shoes on the counter.

Ya, now if only I didn't have a date with a Kanima tonight.

▪▪

The loud music vibrates through the floor of the warehouse as we step inside. I glance over at Ana, trying to think of a way to leave. Not that I don't like her or enjoy her company--but I kinda have to run around making sure the Kanima doesn't book it out of here.

We step further inside and my eyes roam around the room for a distraction. Bingo. "Hey, Ana." I lean in closer so that she can hear. "I think someone's coming over here." She follows my line of vision to the woman walking our way.

She gets to us with a shy smile on her face. "Mind if I steal you for a song, Ana." Judging by the fact that she knows her name I can only assume they've most definitely met before. I nudge Ana to get her to go. She sends me a look of uncertainty but I smile back at my friend.

"Go have fun." I insist. Ana thinks it over before nodding her head.

"Thanks, Claire." She says, giving me a grateful smile before walking side by side off to the dance floor. As soon as Ana gets lost in the crowd I let out a sigh of relief. Oh my god that was a lot easier then I thought.

I hurry out of the warehouse and towards the parking lots, needing to get something out of the trunk of my car. I stop as I near a black line on the ground, looks like Stiles is doing his part of the plan. Hopefully he hasn't finished the circle yet, since I tend to not be able to cross mountain ash most of the time.

Taking a step forward, I let out a breath of relief as I step over the mountain ash. He must not be done yet, I think as I speed walk as quickly as I can over to my car. I pop open the trunk and look around making sure no one's near before pulling out my bow and quiver. I sling the quiver over my shoulder and search for another small bag in the trunk.

I take out a small bottle which is backup if something goes wrong with the mountain ash circle. Not that Stiles isn't capable of doing it correctly, but hunters are humans and can break the circle if they want to. If push comes to shove, I'm suppose to shoot the Kanima with an arrow covered in this liquid to knock him unconscious again.