[15] Creative Psychopath

Claire:

The soles of my shoes pad against the clean white tiled floors of the hospital as I rush towards the section that I was paged to. I stop once I get to the intensive care unit--only to see that nobody is at the reception's desk.

Okay, I'm pretty sure this is how most horror movies start...so I'm just going to go.

I take a step back, but bump into a wall. My eyes widen as I touch behind me. I'm no architect but last time I checked walls don't have arms. I slowly spin around on the heels of my feet.

"What the heck!? What the heck! You--you're dead." I screech, scrambling back.

I shake my head as 'Peter Hale' stands there with a smug look on his face. "I'm hallucinating." I concur. Snapping my fingers, I point over at the dead man infront of me. "That's it, I must just be tired from my lack of sleep and from overworking." I murmur to myself.

"Fortunately for you and your sanity, I'm not." He announces, making a cold chill of fear run up my spine. I stare at him baffled, and still slightly believing my thought of him just being a hallucination.

"Alright well you have fun with that I'm just going to go..." I trail off as I rush to walk past him. He merely stretches out his hand and tugs the back of my coat to stop me from getting very far.

"We're going on a little field trip." He smirks, letting go of my coat. I raise an eyebrow, obviously confused as to what he's implying. He rolls his eyes, giving me an irritated look.

"And exactly why in the world would I go anywhere with you?" I question. He lets out an exasperated breath and folds his hands behind his back.

"Because if I'm not mistaken, which I hardly ever am, I'm the only one who's even bothering to speak to you. So if you want to help, then you have no choice but to accept my--partnership." He responds smugly, the infamous annoying smirk growing on his face again.

I frown and shift in my spot. "I'm not saying I'd help you or that I even so much as trust you, because I don't and I hate you and all your psychopathic business." He gives me a unamused look but I just mentally shrug it off.

"But why don't I just work by myself instead of following around a psychopath?" I ask. He lets out an annoyed sigh.

"First off I'm not a psychopath, it called being creative." He corrects. "And secondly I know exactly where everyone else is and plus I can show you something that will make you have no choice but to want to trust me."

I press my lips tightly together and think over his proposition. "Why do you even want to help me?"

"You just don't stop with the questions now do you?" He questions in slight annoyance and continues. "I'm just attempting at changing who I am now that I'm back."

I look over at him, not believing him for one second. "You, change?" Ha ya right, if there's anything I learned from 'helping you' the last time is that you Peter Hale are a creature of habit." Peter fixes the cuffs of his coat and waits expectantly.

I let out an extremely tired sigh. "I still don't trust you." I say pointedly.

He smiles, evilly, before turning down the hall. "I have the feeling that this will be the beginning of another beautiful partnership, Claire." He tells me as I hesitantly follow after him.

▪▪

We stop just on the outskirts of the forest infront of the police department. I watch with a concerned feeling in the pit of my stomach as we just watch them get man-handled by the Kanima. "This is not only stupid but cowardly, we need to go and help them." I shift from behind the tree, but Peter puts a firm hand on my shoulder to stop me.