[11] Snitches Get Stitches

' The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.'-- Looking For Alaska

Claire:

"Remember when we dressed Scott ans Stiles up as Thing One and Thing Two for Halloween." I ask my mom, taking a seat on the examination table. She looks up from the supplies she's collected and smiles. Probably remembering their cute little faces with those blue wigs and red jumpsuits.

"Ya I remember it was when they were ten." She remarks, beginning to remove my stitches. I flinch as she pulls out the first one. Trust me after having gone through the pain of getting stabbed in the first place this is nothing compared to that, but it does feel pretty gross.

"They were so mad because they wanted to dress up as ninjas instead." I laugh, their angry ten year old faces coming across my mind.

"But once they saw how much candy they were getting from being so cute, they were completely fine with it." She continues as she keeps removing my stitches.

A few minutes later and I'm free of all eight stitches on top, and the other four under my skin should have dissolved by now. "Please be more careful." My mom speaks up. My heart drops as her eyes fill with sadness. I frown and pull her into a hug which she quickly returns.

I don't like keeping all that's going on a secret from her, but I don't want her to be in danger for knowing either. She pulls away, placing both her hands on my shoulders. "You're my baby girl, and I never want to have to go through seeing you being brought in such a horrible condition." She says in a soft tone.

My chest tightens almost to the point of suffocation just thinking about all the pain and worry I've caused her and Scott. I blink back my tears and nod my head, knowing that I can't make that promise out loud. Not if I want to make sure that everyone else stays safe.

"Alright, no more sad moments. We're finally done with all this so we should be happy." I try to cheer her up. She nods, agreeing that we should move forward from this bad memory.

"You're right. Now I'm just going to get some paperwork for you and then you're free to go." She smiles before leaving the room.

I sigh and hop off the table to gather my things. Well at least on the bright side my scar isn't some inappropriate shape. I would never have heard the end of it from Stiles or Scott if it was.

'Clairissa'

My head shoots up, my arms filling with goosebumps at the sound of that voice. I shake my head, no it must just be my imagination. I mean the only guy who calls me by that is...

'Clairissa' The voice purrs in my ear. I gulp feeling my eyes begin to glaze over. My lip trembles as I slowly turn around, but just like I was expecting--nothing is here. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, I think I'm just tired from being in the hospital.

'You did this.' The voice hisses with so much hate that my eyes fling open. 'It's all your fault.'  I barely register what the voice says as I back up into the examination table.

My breathing becomes short and strained as my hands begin to uncontrollably shake. No, no, no not today please not right now. I shake my head from side to side, desperately trying to rid my head of the haunting voice.

I feel myself start to hyperventilate as I desperately try to keep the hot tears from falling from my eyes. 'It's all your fault.' The voice continues to chant in my ears, not pausing for even one moment. Ignoring my trembling hands I slap them to my ears in attempts to drown out the voice.

The only thing that accomplishes is turning the whispers into yells, ringing in my head. I shut my eyes, continuing to shaking my head from side to side. My throat feels raw and dry but I somehow manage to find the ability to speak.