Chapter 4

"College sucks," I mumbled as I went into another class. Holding my binder's in my hand as I made way to my next lesson, lecture, class whatever. Eren right beside me.

"Yeah, I know that," Eren replied. I looked at him and from the corner of my eye, I saw Annie. She had a white hoodie on and regular jeans. Her hair was in her usual style. Eyes bored as she made her way to her class. Her hands easily carrying her binders and stuff.

"Mikasa your not telling me something." Eren accused. "You could trust me you know. Ever since you were forced to talk to Annie, you've been, I don't know, quieter like your in your own thoughts all the time."

I looked at him and lied. "I don't know what you're talking about I've been thinking about my grades lately." I walked down the hallway and spotted my class.

"You worried about your grades. What happened to my adoptive sister?" He asked shocked. "Since when do you worry about your grades. You're always the one who says 'fuck this shit' to grades."

"No, grades are important," I responded keeping my cool. "You can't get a decent job if you don't have good grades."

Job.

I need a job when the baby is born.

I need good grades.

"Oh my god. What happened to you? I know, after all, your classes we'll go to another party so you could loosen up." Eren exclaimed. I opened the door to the classroom. Eren walked in a sat beside me. "What do you think?"

A party. Yeah maybe.

"Yeah, that seems like a great idea," I responded.

"Now that's the Mikasa I know."

. . .

I walked out of the class. Eren already took a run for it and left to our dorm.

"Mikasa?" I turned around and saw Annie. I felt a smile escape my lips when I saw it was her who was asking for me.

"Yeah?" I asked and look down at her. Since she was very small but not as small as Krista.

"That was your last class, right?" She asked and I nodded. "Um, so Reiner and Bert are going out of town this week so I was wondering if you could stay at my dorm since I don't want to be alone and since the thing with me being um pregnant" She whispered the last part. "So yeah." She finished.

I lightly chuckled at her. "Sure," I answered with out hesitating.

Looks like I'm not going to the party.

. . .

"Eren!" I called out to him as I walked into the dorm. "I won't be here for awhile! Staying with one of my friends! And the party is a no go!"

I quickly ran into my room and just grabbed my backpack. That's all I really need.

"What friend?" Eren asked as he stood in the door way so I wouldn't leave.

Shit. "Sasha."

"Okay! Have fun!" He exclaimed. Once I walked out of the dorm I went on my phone.

Mikasa - Sasha, if Eren comes to your dorm asking for me tell him I'm out or in class. Something like that.

It took a couple of minutes before she responded.

Sasha - why?

Mikasa - I told Eren I was staying with a friend for a week and he doesn't know this friend.

Sasha - okay but u owe me.

Mikasa - I know. I'll buy you all the food you desire.

I closed my phone after that and made my way to Annie's dorm.

I knocked on the door.

"It's opened!" I heard Annie yell. I rolled my eyes and opened the door. "Mikasa hey. I'm doing my homework right now. You could watch TV or something." She shrugged her shoulders and start laying on her stomach but I stopped her.

"Don't do that," I instructed. "It could hurt the baby."

She looked at me and rolled her eyes then sat up. "Jeez."

I looked at Annie, the way she bites the end of her pencil when ever she's stuck on a problem. How she would always put her hair behind her ear when ever it got in the way of her vision.

Cute.

"Stop staring. It's not polite."

I snapped my head to the TV. "I wasn't staring," I muttered. I could practically hear her roll her eyes. "Seriously I wasn't staring!"

"Sure." She replied sarcastically. "You don't even have the TV on."

And we sat in silence. "Pass me that book." She asked and used her pencil to point at the book.

I nodded and grabbed the book. "Skater Girl? What kind of book name is that? It sounds stupid."

"It's a good story. It just that the author isn't keeping up with the chapters. She's a bitch of an author if you ask me." She muttered yanking the book out of my hand. 

"I don't understand how you like to read." I sighed sitting on the couch next to her. Annie already had the book open and started to read. I lay my head on her shoulder and my eyes wandered to her eyes. I it would go left and right reading each sentence.

She looked at me. "I like reading." She replied monotoned. "It's like an escape." Her eyes wandered to the book and I felt her body tense. "Can you move your head?" She asked harshly.

"Sorry." I muttered moving to the end of the couch. I frowned.

I should pay more attention to what I do.

I heard her sigh annoyed. "Take that frown of your face. Let's watch a movie and if you really want to lay your head on my shoulder you can."

I grinned and that's what we did. We watched a movie as I lay my head on her shoulder.

In the middle of the movie I felt Annie's head fall on mine. My eyes looked up and noticed that she fell asleep.

I smiled before snuggling closer to her.

Loving the feeling of the warmth.

Why am I feeling this way?

I shook my head and closed my eyes as I fell asleep.