Chapter 9

Mikasa's POV

I placed my lips against hers. My hands going through her blonde hair. My heart started racing. Everything was slow. I like it. Annie turned her head slightly deepening the kiss. Her right hand finding her way under my shirt.

"Annie I need your phone for a sec- oh I'm so sorry- I didn't mean to interrupt!"

Annie pulled away and I growled. Literally. Before Annie could say anything I placed my lips back on hers. 

Annie pulled away. "Mikasa, Bert's going to tell Reiner and then he'll be pissed off. You need to stop."

I huffed and rested my head on her chest. "That's not fair," I whined. "You were enjoying the kiss too."

"We could we could do it some other time." Annie sighed.

"So you're my girlfriend?" I asked. I didn't know how it felt to be in a relationship but it felt exciting. Annie nodded.

"Stop kissing!" We heard Reiner yell and emerging footsteps. "I don't approve."

I cuddled against Annie, "Why do you hate me?"

Reiner was at the door. "Because you ruined Annie's life."

"Maybe I made it better?" I said. "People say when a baby comes into the world it makes the person very happy."

. . . 

Annie and I were on the couch talking. "We have to get an ultrasound soon."

"Oh! Can I come?" I asked never been to one of those before.

Annie hard and bored expression stared at me, "Sure."

. . . 

Annie's POV

"Please stay here, the doctor will be here shortly." A nurse said after guiding us to a room. 

We waited a couple of minutes before an older women version of Eren Jaeger showed up. She looked at me but then looked at Mikasa with shock written all over her face. 

"Carla, hi." Mikasa awkwardly muttered.

"Tell me your the parent of this unborn baby I will make sure-"

"Accident?" Mikasa squeaked out, her hands coming up to her face in defense.

"Accident!" The doctor yelled out. The doctor already had a clipboard already pounding on Mikasa's head.

I enjoyed seeing that.

"I'm Carla Jaeger." She said towards me with a big smile. "I'm Mikasa's adoptive mother. I'm truly sorry for what she is putting you through."

"I'm not doing-"

"Do not speak for this entire appointment!" Carla yelled to her.

She asked me a couple of questions. I answered them. 

"Smoke or drink or both?" She asked me.

I looked at her. "I only drank once when I met Mikas-"

Before I could finish my sentence she was hitting Mikasa with the clipboard again. "You got her pregnant while she was drunk!" When she finished she looked at me. "That's good don't pick up those habits, bad for the baby."

"Lay down on the bed." She instructed and put this weird jelly on my stomach. "Alright look at the screen." She that wrote something on the paper and looked at the screen. "There you go."

My eyes widen as I stared at the black and white screen. I felt like crying. There was my baby, growing inside of me.

"Our baby!" Mikasa shouted grinning. "Our baby! Annie our baby! We get pictures right?" Mikasa asked her mom. Carla nodded. Mikasa laughed. "Our baby."