Chapter 1

Ok this is my first boyxboy please comment and let me know what you think!

This chapter is dedicated to AmeyGlover for being the first to comment!

~~~~~~~~~

Jayden's POV

I sigh silently as I stare at my white ceiling. My room was nothing special it was small with a twin size mattress shoved in a corner and no bed frame. I had a small dresser for my clothes and a normal sized closet. I had no personal items except my green notebook for drawing and poetry.

I know what your thinking what kind of teenage boy writes poetry? Well that would be me! And no I do not write poetry about love and hope and everything beautiful in the world. In fact I write about the exact opposite.

I know it's depressing but I mean that's what real life is like. At least for me it is. I used to have a normal life with normal friends and a normal family. But now my life is anything but normal. I live in a rundown shack type house on the very edge of town. It's surrounded by woods which is fine by me. I love the woods. It's always dark and cool from the shade and there is plenty of hiding places and animals in them.

Anyways I'm getting side tracked but get used to it I seem to do it a lot especially since I'm mute and all I have is my thoughts for company. I am a voluntary mute and have been for 7 years. I realized there is just no reason to talk after my mom died 10 years ago. It was just a random freak accident by a random wolf in the woods. Me and her used to explore the woods together all the time but that isn't the point right now.

The point is that now that she's gone I have to live with my dad he used to be awesome to hang out with but after her death he started going crazy. And I mean really crazy. He had this cruel insane look in his eye everytime he looked at me. He was drunk most of the time but I can't even blame the alcohol for his abusive actions since he is just as cruel or crueler when he is sober. At least when he's drunk he has worse aim and passes out sometimes.

But this was my life now and it's all I know anymore. The only thing I remember about my mom is the loving look in her beautiful eyes. I was lucky to inherit those hazel eyes which would change blue with emotion. But my eyes haven't changed blue in year. I can't even look at my eyes in the mirror anymore. They were just dead and emotionless with dark bags under them most of the time. To see them like that is like seeing my moms eyes after she died. It just reminds me of her being dead all over again.

I glance at the alarm clock on the floor.

7:00 p.m.

I let out another soundless sigh as I glance at my notebook again and realize that I have been drawing my mothers face again. Almost half the pictures in my book were of her. I close my book and walk to my closet.

I shove aside a stack of books in the corner of my closet and gently run my fingertips along the wall till I feel a tiny gap. I then use my fingernails to pry the loose board out and slip my notebook back in. Then I feel blindly until I touch my jar of money. I pull it out carefully. With it finally out safe I dig in my jeans pocket until I have all the loose change and money in my hand I lay it down and count as I put it in the jar.

$2.57 today which means I have $116.46 overall. I have been saving for months and I am lucky to have this much. When my dad is gone and I get home from school I normally search the entire house for any change dropped. Even if it's only a penny. And occasionally I will steal a few dollars out of my dad's wallet. I mean really it's the least I deserve for trying to keep the house clean. I glance at the clock again and am shocked to see it's already 7:26.

I have 4 minutes to hide my money and get back in bed. I rush to my secret place and put my money back where it goes. I gently pop the board back in its place as I hear the front door slam shut accompanied with my dad's loud footsteps. I hurriedly pushed the books back in place and practically jumped across my room to my bed.
My door began creaking open as I adjust myself so that I am sitting on my bed with my back against the wall.