Chapter 15

Ok I decided to update tonight. I am slightly depressed and I think writing is a good distraction right now. The guy I was hoping to date and who gave me my first kiss told me that he doesn't really like me that way anymore. He said we are still friends though but I am wondering why no guy likes me. I'm not sure if it's my personality or my looks and I'm not sure what I can do to so that someone will finally like me... oh well on to the story
~~~~~~

Ethan's POV

I groan quietly as I wake up and stretch slightly. I rub the sleep out of my eyes before I turn my head slightly and look at Jayden. He is sleeping peacefully but he has a slight pout on his face. He looks so cute pouting I just want to kiss the pout away. I decide against the idea as he breaths softly and sighs before snuggling closer to my side. I smile and notice my mark where his neck meets his shoulder. This shows everything that he is mine and I will be able to tell if he's in extreme pain.

When a wolf marks their mates they are able to tell when their mates are in pain. They won't necessarily feel the pain but they will just know. It's very difficult to explain but every wolf that has mated can tell you the exact same thing. I feel better knowing that I will know if anything happens to my precious Jayden now.

I frown as I wrap an arm around him and notice that he is shivering slightly. I pull the blanket higher and pull him closer to try to warm him up. After a few minutes of listening to him silently snore he stirs and cracks his eyes open.

"Good morning sleepyhead!" I greet him cheerfully. A small smile appears on his lips as he looks at me sleepily.

"Good morning." He replies quietly. I fight to keep a frown off my face as I notice that his voice is quieter than it has been and it was slightly scratchy sounding. He notices my change in mood and frowns while looking away from me.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask gently.

"You are s-sad and I don't l-like it." He pouts. I smile at how cute he is as I pull him closer.

"Well don't worry I am happy now. And you know what will make me happier?" I ask cheekily.

"What?" he asks while tilting his head in that cute way he always does.

"A good morning kiss." I reply as he blushes crimson. I lean in and he follows my lead until our lips are pressed together and moving in sync. Sparks shoot through me as I pull him closer and tangle my fingers in his hair. His right hand makes it's way to the back of my neck to keep my lips on his.

Finally we break apart for breath and I lean my forehead against his before jerking away from him and laying the back of my hand against his forehead. He looks at me in confusion and I notice that his eyes are slightly unfocused. And sadly it wasn't from our amazing kiss.

He was burning up with a fever! I slid out of bed and he lets out a slight whimper thinking that I'm leaving him.

"Don't worry. You have a fever and I am going to get the doctor to take a quick check ok?" I ask as I pull the covers up around him and push his fringe off of his forehead gently. He nods slightly as he closes his eyes.

I mind link the pack doctor as I grab a blanket out of the closet to cover him up with.

"What do you need Ethan? is everything ok?" the doctor questions.

"I'm not really sure. Jayden has a fever and I'm worried about him." I say quietly so that Jayden doesn't hear me. I don't need him to be upset knowing that I'm worried.

"Ok I will check on him real quick." He says before turning to Jayden. "Ok Jayden can you please sit up for me?" Jayden opens his eyes groggily and nods slightly before weakly shoving the covers aside with his good hand and then slowly swinging his legs over the side of the bed and sitting up.