Matthew Martins

When I walk in I immediately see my best friend since 1st grade, Allison Kelly, and my other best friend which is her brother, Johnny Kelly. I prefer to call him John but he likes Johnny; he says Johnny Kelly has a pleasing ring to it. I don't really see the big deal.

"Alli! Johnny!" I exclaim as we run up to each other and engulf ourselves in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much!!" Alli says as we all pull away. The crowds of kids swarm past us like a bunch of bees floating toward their hive.

"We practically hung out like, every week, Alli. Where have you been?" I chuckle, trying to keep my balance from the stampede. I notice Johnny struggling to keep his balance too.

"That's besides the point. Anyway you're in room 223 for homeroom?" Alli asks me. We walk over to a wall so we can lean on it and not die under the roar of the feet.

"Yeah, why?" I struggle to hear her.

"I know a certain someone who has 223 as well." She smirks and winks at me. Johnny rolls his eyes.

I gasp. "No, you don't mean-" I get cut off by her excitement.

"Oh I do. Matthew Martins."

Matt has been my first and only crush since 3rd grade so far. He's popular, good looking, and very stylish. Plus, he's the captain of the football team and me being the captain of the cheer team, it only makes sense that we date. But unfortunately, he hasn't asked me out yet, but he has been super flirty with me! Actually, he's been flirty with all the girls, but there's rumors that he likes me, so there's still hope!

"How do I look?" I turn to Johnny and he gives me a thumbs up but looks down at the ground quickly after.

"Ya look like a snack, hunny." Alli says in a weird voice and I giggle. "Now go get 'em, tiger!" We nod and split as the warning bell rings, signaling one minute left until we are considered late.