First Impressions

"Hello Mrs. Mendes. I'm Matt, a friend of Lilly." He holds out his hand for a handshake and my mom gladly takes it. Yeah, you go Matt, rocking those first impressions. I reach them, a little out of breath.

"Oh please, just call me Samantha." FIRST NAME BASIS ACHIEVED WE ARE DOING GOOD HERE!

"Hey Matt." I gently wave and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "Come in." I motion for him to enter.

"I'll leave you two alone now. Have fun!" She starts to walk into the kitchen then turns around to face us. "Muffins will be out of the oven shortly." She walks away.

"So do you, uh, wanna go to my room?" I ask shyly.

"Sure." I bound up the stairs to my room and he follows. We plop ourselves in the bean bag chairs I have in the corner of the room and sit in the awkward silence.

"So, do you...like your teachers?" He asks.

"Yeah, they're okay. You?"

"Yeah, I like them. Listen Lilly, I've been meaning to tell you -"

"Guys, muffins are ready!" My mom calls up the stairs.

"Okay, we'll uh, be down in a minute!" I say a little too aggressively.

"It's now or never, they're going fast. And watch that tone, young lady."

Embarrassed, I start to walk down stairs and Matt follows me. When we reach the table we each take a muffin, and now there's only 5 left. Mom made 2 dozens. I shake my head and chuckle to myself. My brothers are such pigs. As we are finishing up Dad walls in the door.

"Hey Dad. This is my friend, Matt." I motion towards Matt.

Dad puts his keys on the coffee table and walks over to us. "Well hey there, buddy." They shake hands. "Nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Mendes."

"Shawn will work just fine, son." WOAH HE CALLED HIM SON. WOOOOOOOO THIS ISN'T HAPPENING OMG IT'S LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE.

(A/n: guys is Lilly high? lol)

"Oh hey, muffins." He plucks one off the platter and takes a large bite. Through a mouth full of food he gets out, "Thanks Sam." and goes upstairs, grabbing his laptop that was on the counter on the way.

"So before, I was saying -" Matt begins to say but gets cut off by his phone buzzing. He takes it out of his back pocket and reads the message. "Oh sorry Lil, I gotta go." He puts his phone away.

"Oh okay." I plaster a smile on my face as he waves goodbye and heads out the door. I slowly drag myself upstairs with a long string of sighs coming from my mouth. I plop on my bed and think.

What did he want to say?

-----------------
HELLO GUYS YES I AM STILL ALIVE HELLO HELLO HELLO!!

K I got a lot to say

1) sorry for not updating. School is a pain in the BUTTTTTT

2) sorry its a short chapter but I wanted to give u guys something to hold u over

3) what do u think Matt wanted to say?

4) THIS IS BEING WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED AT 11:46 PM WHAAAA

5) SM imagine book or a book of stories from me and my bf? GUYS WE ARE 1 YEAR TMR WHOOP

6) GN LOVES ILYASM!!