The Backstory Behind Our Muffin Cat

The school day couldn't go by fast enough. Homeroom was the only class I had with Matt, but at least we don't actually have to do work in there.

Luke parks his car and we hop out. I wave to Alli through her bedroom window and she waves back followed by a thumbs up. She lives right next door to me which is very convenient because we hang out a lot. I give her a nod and open the front door to my house. I hold it open for Luke and I'm greeted by our family cat, Mr. Muffins. He's brown with black dots, much like a chocolate chip muffin.

"This isn't fair!" Mike yells and stomps his feet as he comes down the stairs.

"What isn't fair?" I toss my backpack next to the coffee table and sit down on the couch. Luke doesn't seem to care about what Mike has to say because he pushes right past him and continues up the stairs. Mike sits next to me.

"Everyone has each other and I'm all alone!" Mike buries his tear stained face in his hands.

"Elaborate on that, please." I cross my legs and place a comforting hand on Mike's back.

"Samantha and Shawn, Lilly and Luke, Mike and....no one!" He balls his eyes out and I burst out laughing. I'm turning purple and wheezing. "Why are you laughing?? This isn't funny!" Mike shoots me an angry glare and continues to cry.

"I'm laughing because you're paired up with the best member of the family!" I calm down and smile, trying to hold back my laughter.

"And who's that?" Mike crosses his arms sassily.

(A/N: GUYS SASSILY IS ACTUALLY A WORD BUT IT SOUNDS SO WEIRD!! LOL OMG! HAHA SASSILY)

"MR. MUFFINS, DUH!!" As if on cue, our muffin looking cat named by our dad (obviously) jumps onto Mike's lap and snuggles up against his chest.

"OH YEAH MR. MUFFINS! I LOVE YOU!" Mike picks the cat up and holds him above his face.

Mr. Muffins has been our cat ever since our parents got married. During the wedding, the doors were left open and a stray kitten walked in. When my mom was walking down the aisle, the cat followed her until it found an empty seat and sat in it like a human. Our parents knew this was fate. In that moment he became our cat and our dad announced that he was ours and that he named him Mr. Muffins at the reception. Mr. Muffins was the life of the party!

My mom walks downstairs.

"Hey guys. How was your first day, Lilly?" She walks over to the counter and straightens up some things.

"Pretty good. Can I have a friend come over now?" I ask, eager to have him over for as long as possible.

This must of taken my mom by surprise. "Uh, yeah sure."

"K thanks." I say as I run up to my room.

"Do your homework!" She calls after me. Luckily we don't have homework on the first day.

Lilly🌺: hey u can come over now if you'd like! My address is 12 Pine Lane

Matt😍: sure I'll be over in a few

I lock my phone and scramble to put some makeup on. Soon I hear the doorbell ring. I hurry down the stairs but my mom already opened it.

--------------
Sorry guys ik this is super late!! Ily all ty for the support!

Should I make a SM imagine book?? Please lmk!

Byeeee