How they met

Oh my Jesus I haven't updated in a while. Sorry I went to this event to help me with my sexuality and my birthday happened, I'm 15 now practically an adult.... Yeah no I'm not. I was looking through and found that I haven't done one about how the trio met and I was like oooo I can have some fun with this. Enjoy kiddos

Dick: 7
Wally: 10
Roy:14

Roy was sitting in his room, bored shitless, when there was a knock on his door. "Come in!" he shouted, not making any attempt to move a muscle. "Roy, we need you to look after the other side kicks for a couple of nights," Dinah said. He groaned in response. 

"I'm not a babysitter," he complained. She put her hands on her hips and scowled at him. 

"Roy Harper, you complain about not knowing any other kids around your age who do your job but you make no effort to put it right. You will look after Robin and Kid Flash or you're not going on patrol for a week," she scolded. He groaned again. 

"Fine I'll babysit!" he growled. She smiled at him and relaxed. 

"Thanks Roy."

Time skip to eight that night

Roy slumped on the couch, flicking through some channels and preparing himself for screaming kids. He was not looking forward to this at all. Plus this was a set up for two nights! If he didn't get a thanks for this, he'd flip.

Kid Flash and Flash were the first to arrive. They were in their civvies. He greeted them then Flash ran off as soon as he could. "Nice to meet you...er," Roy started putting out a hand. 

"Wally West, this is a big place you guys are really rich huh?" Wally replied quickly. He began to dart around the, looking and touching things randomly. "Great," Roy muttered already annoyed by the boy. Batman and Robin arrived moments later in their civvies too. Robin held onto Batman's leg and avoided eye contact with Roy as much as he could. "Erm hey there little fella," Roy greeted awkwardly. "You know my ward, Roy. Dick is still a bit shy around new people so it'll take him a while to relax. Don't give him any sugar or play hide and seek. Trust me, either of those situations is worse than anything else," Batman told him. Roy nodded and lent down to Dick's level. "Nice to meet you, Dick," he said with a smile. At least he wouldn't be a handful. 

"N-nice to meet you too Roy," Dick replied quietly. He walked inside and Batman waved goodbye. "I'll see you soon Dickie."

"So what do you want to do?" Roy asked the two boys. 

"You got any games?" Wally answered with a smile. Roy nodded and grabbed a few PG games. He was pretty sure digital blood wouldn't traumatize the kid heroes but he didn't want to get into any trouble. "I've got Mario Kart, couple of Sonic games, Donkey Kong and Zelda," he listed. Wally thought for a moment, "I want Mario Kart. What do you want Dick?" Wally asked. 

"Mario Kart sounds fun," he replied. He seemed to be gaining confidence with them all.

After playing a couple of rounds, and lots of shouting later, they got bored. "So you're Robin right?" Wally asked Dick. 

"Yup."

"That means you've met the Joker. What's he like? Is he as bad as TV makes him or is he worse?" Wally asked with enthusiasm. Dick shuffled awkwardly and gulped. "Dick, are you alright?" Roy asked noticing his movement. "To answer your question Wally, he's worse, much much worse. You don't want to know much else," Dick explained. He was visibly paler and he shook a little.

"Aww come on! What's it like fighting him? Has he ever captured you? Have you ever punched him in the face?" Wally pushed on, not seeing the little boy shaking harder. 

"Dick, you don't have to talk about him," Roy said putting a hand on Dick's shoulder. 

"I-I don't want to. He's hurt me a-and B-Bruce." Dick was on the verge of tears and sniffled a little bit. "Dickie, did I upset you? I'm sorry I'm just interested in him," Wally apologized. 

"I hope you never meet him. He's a bad man," Dick replied, tears falling. 

"Hey don't cry, it's fine. We've all been through shit," Roy said, pulling the boy in for a hug.

"Do you guys have scars too?" he asked out of the blue. Roy nodded and Wally shook his head. "Barry normally keeps me out of the proper dangerous things," he replied. Dick laughed a little. "In Gotham everything is dangerous. Roy, do you mind if I see them? I understand if you don't want to it's just I don't normally get to see other kids with scars," he asked. Roy smiled at him and showed a couple of gunshot scars along with some scars from knives. "Awesome," Wally breathed. "What about you Dick?" Dick pulled off his shirt and they were taken aback by what they saw. "These ones are from Joker, this one is from Harley, this is from Ivy and that's from Catwoman but she didn't mean for it to be that deep," Dick explained pointing to each scar. He put his shirt back on and smiled at them. "You're so cool!" Wally exclaimed. 

"Really?" Dick asked. 

"Duh! You were the first protégé at what age, six? And Barry says you're super duper smart! Why wouldn't you be cool?" Wally asked. Dick laughed. 

"You're not too bad yourself West. You know you guys are the only kids who haven't tried to beat me up. Thanks for that," he answered.

"Thanks isn't really needed, " Roy said with a chuckle. "It's basic manners." They all laughed.

At the end of the visit, Dick raised a question. "So are you guys like my big brothers now?" he asked with a nervous smile. They smiled back at him. "Sure lil brother," Wally joked. Dick grinned and hugged them. "My family would've liked you," he stated. "In a way, you're my new family," he added. 

"And to think I was dreading this," Roy muttered.

And that's how a lifelong friendship is made bitches