He doesn't like hugs

I'll put Damian and Dick's input on the story. This font is for Damian and this is Dick's font.

Damian was rummaging through Dick's old stuff due to Dick wanting to give away some of his old stuff. He came across a box that had some stuff from when Dick first came to Wayne Manor. "Grayson what's this?" he asked, pulling out an old bear. It was a light gray and looked to be in great condition. Dick looked up and smiled as Damian passed it to him. "That would be Huggy. I used to never let this thing out of my sight," he reminisced, holding it like it was fragile china. 

"Why? It's just fabric and stuffing," Damian pointed out. 

"Long story short Bruce wasn't into hugs when I was little."

"I have time to kill so I want the long story," Damian said. Dick smiled at him and sat on the couch, patting a space next to him. "Is that your way of saying you want to get to know me?" he teased. Damian blushed and pouted, "No I'm just bored." He sat beside Dick as he laughed it off. "Well it starts when I was first adopted by Bruce..."

Years ago

Dick was finished drawing a picture for Bruce and went to show him. "Bruce I made this for you!" he exclaimed, running into Bruce's office. "That's great Dick, let's see," he replied. Dick showed him and he smiled. The picture was of Bruce playing basketball with him. "You're very talented Dick." Dick smiled and hugged him. Bruce laughed nervously and removed Dick's arms from around him. "I don't do hugs buddy," he said. 

"Oh. Sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Bruce responded, walking out the office. Little did he know, he just hurt Dick. Hurt him a whole fucking lot.

The next few weeks, Bruce noticed something weird with Dick. He began to carry around a bear Bruce had bought him every single place he went. Dick brought it to school, to the park and, even odder, he brought it on patrol. He kept it under his seat and held it when he thought he wasn't being watched.

"Really? You brought a stuffed animal on patrol?"

"I was a very emotional child!"

"And a very emotional adult."

"Hey!"

With zero clue on what to do, Bruce consulted a League member who was good with this sort of thing. Black Canary aka Dinah Lance.

One day, Dick was sat watching TV when the female hero sat beside him. "What're you watching?" she asked nonchalantly. 

"The first Avengers. They're sorta like the League but smaller," he answered. She nodded and watched a few minutes of it in silence. Dinah was smart in not asking questions all at once. If you spaced them out, they didn't seem as bad. "What's that you have there?" she asked, pointing to the stuffed animal. "This is Huggy. I carry them everywhere I go."

"And why's that?" She was close, she knew it. 

"Because Bruce doesn't like hugs." She hadn't expected that and she was very clear in expressing it. "In the circus, we were all really friendly. Everyone hugged everyone even if they didn't feel sad. It was just a way of life. Bruce doesn't like hugs. He doesn't like that sort of stuff but I do. That's why I have Huggy."

"

Now I've heard that name three times I've realized how bad you are at naming things."

"I was nine Dami. You can't say anything since your Robin now. Wanna know how much flack I got for that name?"

"I couldn't think of a good name."

"Exactly."

Dinah gave him a sad look. "Would you like Bruce to hug you more?" He nodded and held the bear tighter. "Would that put Huggy out of busines?" she joked. Dick laughed and nodded. "Let me see what I can do." Dinah passed the information on to Bruce who was partially relieved he could do something to stop it but he couldn't help but feel bad for causing it. He showed Dinah out then sat down next to his son. "I'm sorry for not being a hugging person," he said. Dick turned to him with a forgiving smile. "It's alright, I have Huggy for a reason."

"But I shouldn't be that reason." Dick frowned and climbed onto Bruce's lap. 

"You don't have to hug me all the time. I know I'm quite adorable so it'll be hard," he joked. Bruce chuckled at him. "That it will be."

Back to present day

"So how long did it take him?" Damian asked. 

"A good part of a month but it was worth it. Dinah also told the League so I didn't have to depend on Bruce as much." Damian nodded then thought for a moment. 

"Is this why you always hug us? Because that's how you were raised?" he inquired. Dick nodded. "You don't like them do you? The hugs that is." Damian sighed, shaking his head. 

"Only when you give them." Dick squealed a little with a grin and hugged him. "Don't tell the others or I'll break your arms."

"Okay," Dick chuckled.