↳ 44. IRL

"ABOUT DAMN TIME

"ABOUT DAMN TIME." RAINBOW sat up from her bed as she saw Tom enter her room with the sandwich she's been waiting for.

"You literally don't have any food in your fridge." defend Tom as he handed the plate to her before taking a seat across from her.

Rainbow shrugged as she took the plate, grinning when she noticed it was nutella and marshmallow fluff. Aka her favorite combo ever. "I've been meaning to get food." she took a bite a moaned at the taste.

"Ella said these were your favorites." the british boy informed her as she ate, almost forgetting he was even there.

"Of course she did." she rolled her eyes before taking another bite and shifting around in her spot, pulling Tom's blanket/sweater thing closer to her body.

Tom felt a tiny smile creep on his lips, remembering that Rainbow was wearing his sweater. The events of last night were still fresh in his mind, and to be honest he wondered if she remember as well. Actually, there were a lot of things he wondered that she remembered. But he couldn't bring himself to ask if she did because one, he didn't want to come off weird for asking such a question. And two, he didn't know of he wanted the answer.

And at this point, he didn't know if he was thinking about last night and Rainbow's confession, or the first time they met which led to an... eventful night at his place. As he thought, memories of that night would play in his mind, as if it were some sort of home movie exclusively for him, but as the memories were albeit pleasant, he felt guilty.

Tom only planned to get to know Rainbow and make sure that she wasn't pregnant, because he didn't remember using protection that night. But with his plan came unexpected twists and turns. He got more than what he bargained for honestly. A newfound friendship with Rainbow and feelings. He never expected to have butterflies when he was with her, but now he can cross that off his unexpected list.

"Dude," Rainbow snapped her fingers in his face. "I know I'm attractive and all, but you've been staring at me for like five minutes straight."

"O-Oh, sorry." Tom blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Kinda out of it."

Rainbow scoffed and put her plate to the side table. "I'm the one hungover." She rolled to the other side of the bed and reached for the floor to grab a water bottle, or something to drink that she put there. "Do I have tea in the cupboards?"

"Everything is nearly gone, Rainbow."

"I like to eat, okay?"

"Clearly," Tom joked before earning a punch to the shoulder.

"Are you calling me fat, Holland?" Rainbow deadpanned, putting her hands on her hips as she stood up. "You know I usually wouldn't care, but that's just an outrageous comment to make-"