↳ 57. IRL

WHEN RAINBOW REALIZED WHAT she did, she immediately stepped back and bit her lower lip

WHEN RAINBOW REALIZED WHAT she did, she immediately stepped back and bit her lower lip. "Fuck,"

Tom's eyes fluttered open, he looked at Rainbow with a breathless look. He knew that she was a good kisser, but goddamn it was better than he remembered. While Tom gawked at what just happened, Rainbow was too busy with harsh thoughts and a funny feeling spreading throughout her body.

"That shouldn't have happened." she muttered harshly as she chewed on her lower lip and looked at her feet.

"Excuse me?" Tom blinked out of his thoughts. "What?"

"That was wrong."

"Rainbow-"

She turned to him quickly and pointed her finger at him. "Don't," No, stop. What are you doing? "That shouldn't have happened."

"And why's that?" he took a daring step forward, causing her to step back. "You felt that too Rainbow, you absolutely cannot deny that."

Rainbow's eyes darted towards the ground, unable to meet his eyes. She was afraid that if he could see her eyes, he'd see the emotions pooling in them. Yeah, I did. "So?"

"So, why was that wrong with the kiss?"

"Because I let my heart out over my heart and fucked up our friendship."

Tom's lips parter in awe at the woman in front of him. To have her even think that this would ruin their friendship is just astonishing to him. He walked closer to Rainbow and placed his fingers under her chin, bringing her head upward so she could look at him.

"I think that it just improved our friendship." he smiled lightly and kissed her cheek. He ignored the voice in the back of his head that was yelling at him for doing so. "Relationship level one."

"Really?" Rainbow's eyes twinkled with something that Tom has never seen in her before: innocence.

Of course he's seen her be vulnerable, but he's never seen her innocence truly show. It was as if looking at a small child and trying to keep a promise with them. And hell, Tom was trying his best to keep all the promises he's made. Not to mention that he hasn't told her about that night yet. It feared him just even thinking about it. If he told her right now, everything that was bound to happen would fall apart, including Rainbow.

To Rainbow, it amazed her how Tom was so smooth with this. In all honesty, she thought that he'd yell at her for this but in the end, it took another turn that made Rainbow's heart flutter. Her feelings for him grew to the point where being in the same room as him made her stomach feel like a zoo.

"Is this your lame way of asking me out?" she joked, the corners of her mouth turning into a sly smile.

Tom grinned, looping one around around her waist as he pulled her close. "I did ask you out two days ago. But yes, now I technically have. Is that a problem, Miss. Bellemore?"

Rainbow's cheeks reddened as she wrapped her arms around his torso. "Not at all, Mr. Holland." she softly grabbed his neck and got on the tips of her toes so her lips were ghosting over his as she spoke.

"Now cut the gentleman bullshit."

"With pleasure." he whispered before colliding his lips with hers.

☆☆☆

you can guess what that lead to because i can't write those types of scenes oops ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but yeah- this happened ;-)))
and there's only more to come