A Special Encounter

“Marcus!”

I shouted. He started throwing the papers to my law school application all over the place. I started running around trying to put them back together.

“I don’t want you going there Kaelynn!”

“And why not Marcus?”

“It’s dangerous! We live here now! You cannot just leave for 4 years or even more without me!”

"Then come with me! I don’t have to stay in the dorms! Besides, I want to go and that’s all that should matter!”

“NO! I will not allow it!”

“You won’t allow it? Marcus you aren’t my father!”

“No Kaelynn, your father threw you out remember?”

He grabbed my wrists and pushed me. I hit my back against the wall and yelped. Marcus sat on the couch and watched as I pulled my knees into my chest. He lied on the couch and I waited until he fell asleep. I quietly grabbed my car keys and ran out of the door not bothering to shut it behind me. I got into my car and drove to the nearest nightclub.

I entered the small pub and sat at the counter. The bartender walked over to me and asked,

“What can I get you?”

“Jameson straight please.”

He nodded and poured me a glass and I drank it down before putting my head on the counter. I heard someone sit next to me and ask for the same thing.

“Jameson whiskey, you know how I like it.”

The bartender laughed and replied,

“The only thing you do straight is your whiskey.”

I slowly looked up but I didn’t dare turn my head. I recognized the Italian woman.

“Gaga…”

I whispered. I heard a giggle and her sip from the glass. I ordered another fill and drank it down. Still not turning to look I heard the woman whistle.

“You better slow down girl.”

She laughed. I stared straight ahead and after a few minutes she spoke again.

“It’s okay to look at me. Freedom of eyes.”

I slowly turned my head and became lightheaded when I saw THE Lady Gaga was sitting right beside me. She smiled at me and I gave her one back.

“So, if you don’t mind me asking…what is wrong?”

My smiled turned into a frown.

“What do you mean?”

She turned so she was completely facing me and rested her head in the palm of her hand.

“You have tear stains on your cheeks and shirt, you look about 18 years old yet somehow you were able to get a few drinks which you downed in about one minute.”

Gaga explained. I sighed and downed a fourth glass.

“Boyfriend problems.”

Was all I managed to say. Gaga grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Lets go outside.”

I walked with her and we sat on the nearest bench.

“Wanna tell me more?”

“I was going to go to Law School because I never made it anywhere singing. But Marcus, that’s his name, doesn’t want me to live far away for so long. But…when I told him I was mailing the application anyway…”

I stopped talking and froze up a little. Tears were running down my cheeks and I felt I was being dramatic.

“He tore it up, pushed me into a wall, and went to sleep. That’s when I left.”

I saw Gaga choke back tears of her own to stay strong and she gave me a hug.

“I am so sorry. What is your name sweetie?”

“Kaelynn.”

“Beautiful. Kaelynn let me ask you something, if you had the choice right now to go to law school or be  a singer and have it happen which would you choose?”

I thought for a moment before I spoke.

“A singer I guess. It has always been a dream of mine.”

“Chase your dreams sweetie, you have to chase your dreams. I can tell you already know my story.”

Gaga giggled and I nodded.

“Come on Kaelynn, you need sleep and not with him.”

She once again took hold of my hand and lead me to her hotel. When we got there she took me up to her room.

"I want you to take the bed. I will sleep on the couch and I will not take no for an answer. I normally sleep over here anyway this is a fancy one.”

“Are you sure?”

I asked quietly. I wasn’t one for making people sleep on the couch but I could see the stubbornness in her eyes.

“Positive Kaelynn.”

She kissed my forehead and I went to the bed.

“If you need anything I am right here.”

“Alright.”

“Goodnight Kaelynn.”

“Goodnight.”

I lied under the covers and Gaga turned out the light. We laid silently in the pitch black room for a couple of minutes before I spoke one last time.

“Gaga?”

“Yeah?”

I could hear how tired she was.

“Thank you…a lot.”

“You’re welcome. Get some sleep.”

I smiled into nothing and fell asleep within seconds.