3

We got out of rehearsal and I was getting water when I heard Richy talking to Gaga,

“That girl has talent. You need to keep her.”

“I know. She wants to be a singer though and I have…”

Her voice faded when she lowered it.

‘She what?’

I thought. Gaga came back and we walked out of the building.

“You have some skill girl.”

She said I blushed and looked at her.

“Thanks.”

“Now li-“

She was interrupted by my phone ringing in my pocket. I gulped down a lump in my throat and knew it was Marcus.

“Sorry.”

“No it’s okay, answer it.”

I pressed the green button and held it to my ear.

"Hello?”

“Where the hell are you Kaelynn?”

“It doesn’t matter where I am.”

“Come home now.”

I let out a nervous, sarcastic laugh and replied,

“What is home anymore. I’m not coming back Marcus. The only time you will see me again is when I finally decide to come get my things.”

“KAELYNN YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME!”

He shouted into the phone. I heard Gaga gasp a little and hung up the phone.

“You did good standing up to him you know.”

"It wasn’t easy…thank you.”

Gaga put an arm around me.

“What were you saying earlier? Before he interrupted you?”

I asked eagerly.

“Now listen, I remember you telling me you wanted to sing. So I want you to come on tour with me, take a few vocal lessons with my coach and see how my life goes. If he clears you, and you think you are up for it I will let you come onstage with me and see what I can do to get you on your own stage.”

“Oh my God! Thank you so much! I don’t know what to say!”

I exclaimed. I was about to hug her before I realized something and my face fell. Gaga saw and stopped me.

“What?”

“I can’t write music.”

I said quietly. She gave me a smile.

“I think we can fix that.”

“But I don’t want to be manufactured.”

Gaga laughed.

“Oh sweetie there’s nothing wrong with needing a little help! I see you have been watching the Monster Ball.”

She winked and I hugged her. Then I did a little dance and she giggled.

I woke up this time to see Gaga laying peacefully beside me. She was reading a book called Letters To A Young Poet.

“Morning princess.”

“Morning!”

I replied happily. Today I was going to meet with Gaga’s vocal coach and I got really nervous. I stood up and looked down at my outfit. Still wearing my white t-shirt and black pants from the day I met Gaga in the bar I felt disgusted. No matter how many showers I had taken since then. I looked at Gaga who had closed her book and was watching me.

“I think I should go get my things.”

I said realizing I hadn’t been using a brush either…only my fingers. Gaga nodded. I could tell she didn’t want me to go.

“I’ll go with you.”

I hesitated and sat beside Gaga.

“Gaga, I don’t think that’s a good idea. Marcus is really da-“

“I want to go Kaelynn.”

I thought for a minute and could once again see that stubborn look in Gaga’s cute, so cute, eyes.

“Alright, but he is an A-double-S!”

“I have had my fair share of those.”

She got up too and pulled on her latex dress. I watched her for a minute worried it may be a little much in this situation. But I was pretty sure I would know her answer if I said something. I watched as she slipped her feet into her silver, glitter-looking boots and we left for my apartment.