6

The next morning I woke up to the smell of coffee.

“Rise and shine Morphine Princess.”

Gaga joked and handed me a cup. I took a sip and threw my head back. I was in complete heaven.

“Caramel Macchiato!”

I exclaimed making Gaga laugh.

“Your favorite! Are you ready to go? The doctor says you look stable enough.”

“Oh yes.”

Ed walked in with a wheelchair and helped me into it.

“I can’t stand those damn things.”

Gaga said making Ed and I laugh. We went back to the hotel.

Gaga came out of the bathroom a few hours after we got back from the hospital. She was brushing her hair. I looked up from my book and smiled.

“I am going to rehearsals. You still want to come to the show tonight?’

I thought about it for a moment and replied,

“Yeah! I like seeing the Monsters and I love watching the show.”

I slowly stood up and winced a little in pain from twisting my wrist too much. Gaga helped me put on a sweater to cover the bruises on my arms. The ones on my face weren’t too bad to show. We walked into the elevator and went down to the lobby to meet Ed in the car as usual.

“We sure do spend a lot of time in this car.”

I laughed.

We snuck into the back door of the venue and I got my backstage and Monster Pit passes.

“See you after the show!”

Gaga shouted at me as the intro for Highway Unicorn started playing. She jumped on the unicorn and I smiled. I stood by Ed in the pit and watched as Gaga came out onto the stage. She was great, the costume was perfect, and everything was amazing.

After the show I went backstage and met Gaga and the few fans she invited back.

“Oh hey! Guys, this is Kaelynn and she will be joining me onstage next week.”

“Awesome!”

One of the Monsters said.

“Can we get a picture with you?”

Another asked.

“Y-you want a picture with…me?”

I asked shyly. They laughed and I took a picture with each of them and Gaga. We chatted for a few minutes before they had to leave.

“That was amazing tonight Gaga.”

I said. She smiled and her eyes said ‘thank you’ for her.

“Hey Gaga. You must be Kaelynn.”

A man walked up to us and shook my hand. I nodded and Gaga giggled.

“Kaelynn this is my vocal coach. You didn’t get to see him yesterday so he rescheduled.”

My eyes grew wide and I smiled.

“Are you ready?”

He asked. Again, I nodded and followed him and Gaga into a room with a piano. First I sang a few songs for him. Then he gave me a few tips on breathing properly while singing. He even let me sing a song with Gaga. The “evaluation” ended and both of them seemed impressed.

“You’ve got some pipes girl!”

“Kaelynn, will you wait outside while we speak?”

Gaga asked. I nodded and left the room. Sitting there for what felt like hours, I began to become more and more nervous. I looked down at my cast and traced my finger over Gaga’s signature. She then walked out and was followed by her vocal coach.

“Kaelynn, you’re clear!”

Gaga shouted. I screamed and hugged them both.

“Thank you!”

I shouted. They laughed and I grabbed Gaga’s hand. Then we left the venue.

“If you feel you are ready, you can join me onstage tomorrow for the Today show. Rehearsals for that are in two hours and we already practiced singing together.”

She said as we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel.

“I would love to!”

“Great!”

{The next day}

We walked into the hotel room from an extra rehearsal where we met a surprise visitor, Marcus. Gaga and I were both trying to figure out how he got in here.

“Hey there princessas.”

He said. Gaga rolled her eyes and stood in front of me. She put her hands behind her back and I glanced down noticing her cell phone.

“You need to leave Marcus.”

She said. He laughed and I made a swift move for the phone. He didn’t notice and replied,

“You’re getting braver by the second baby. I just came to see how my girl is doing.”

“I am not your girl anymore! LEAVE!”

I pressed the call button on Ed’s speed dial contact, then put the phone in my pocket.