Part 3

(Quick A/N: I'm not the one who uses POV'S a lot, but it'll be in this chapter where Dan's POV is at the end. I apologize for not updating as often as I'd like due to the stress of senior year and updating 7 different writes I have on here. If you're tired of waiting, check out my recent works! I'm sure you'll enjoy them! Anywho, enjoy the chapter and tell me what you think. I enjoy reading them- either funny or sweet comments. It keeps me writing this story. As I already stated, enjoy the chapter!)

Bright and early you sought out to work. Bringing the movies you binge-watched late at night back. Heading into the library, you set your bag down and rush to the mini fridge in the back to keep your lunch cold. Coming back, you clock in and sit at your desk patiently until someone came forward. 

The library wasn't too busy in the mornings except for the college students who came into the computer lab for their assignments. You decided to take in the quiet and calming atmosphere and read a book you packed for break time. As you began to read, a light tapping sound was heard on your desk; Putting the book down, you see Arin's bright smile. 

"Oh hey, I didn't think you worked here?" He leans onto the counter to speak with you, "Yeah, I didn't think you woke up at 8 am on a Sunday to come to a library?" You remarked back to him. He nods, chuckling afterward. Talking with Arin, you notice behind a distant pillar was a familiar tall scruffy male in a leather jacket. 

"You brought Dan along?" Darting your eyes behind Arin, Arin turns around to see Dan watching from afar. 

"Dan, what're you doing?" Arin motions him over, and with that, he lively bounces over. He pushed the small curls out of his view of sight, smiling and looking down in embarrassment. 

"I couldn't find any games for the XBOX Arin, not any that we haven't played." It finally clicked why they were here- they rented games. You'd think with the money they have, they would buy it- but sometimes they do play games that aren't worth any money and luckily, they could be found at the library. 

"So you're here to rent games, I can help. Let me look in the back to see if we have any." Getting up from your seat, you rush to the back where stacks of books, movies, CD's, and games were. You found a few good games for the XBOX, but they already played those games. You then just take as many as your arms could carry and dump them onto the counter in front of your desk. 

"That's all we have back there." You pant, sitting back down in the comfy chair. 

"Holy shit, that's a lot of games." Arin flipped through some of the games while Dan observed behind him. You glared up at Dan, who seemed to be already looking at you. You both exchange an awkward glare until your stomach felt uneasy, then you looked down. 

"Alright, I'll take these ones." Arin picked out five games while setting the others in a neat pile to the side. 

"I'll ring them up for you then; got your library card on you?" You then proceed to ask, since it was your job to ask for a library card along with other sorts of things like ID's if needed. Arin whips out his library card while you proceed to scan it, along with the games. You put his games in a neat plastic bag with the receipt neatly stacked on top. 

"Their due in 3 weeks." You smile, slightly directing your attention to Dan, who seemed too spaced out to notice you staring. 

"Thanks! See you later!" Arin turns around, then nudging Dan to follow behind. Dan shakes his head, quickly waving you goodbye as they walked out of the library. 

**

"Did you not get sleep last night, dude?" Arin asked Dan as soon as they got into the car.  

"Yeah, I'm fine." Dan softly replies while spacing back out while looking out the window. 

Arin, before starting the car turns his attention towards his best friend. "You sure?" Starting the car, he gets no response from Dan. 

**

The boys begin to record; Dan greets everyone back to Game Grumps as Arin begins to play a game he plans on not finishing. Dan goes through a walkthrough on his phone while Arin's stuck in one specific spot. 

"It says after defeating the small boss, walk into the side door." Arin groans, noticing he went through the wrong door, he goes back only to be killed by an enemy as soon as he opened the door.

"FUCKING ASS DUDE." Dan bursts into laughter, looking over at his friend in distress. "Maybe if you went through the right door-" Dan went to speak, but Arin into the mic, "MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE MY CHILDHOOD BEST FRIEND-" The two males stop; they're left speechless as they stare at each other in awe. The door randomly opens; the two males pan back to face the door.

"Hey, Arin- you have a phone call." Ross kindly speaks out against the tension. Dan and Arin turn to face each other for a second before Arin pauses the recording and gets up to answer the call.

**

"Hey Arin, I really need you right now." You sat on the floor, holding your knees to your chest. 

"Whats wrong?" He asked, confused as to what was happening. 

You swallowed hard, breaking into tears, "I just got a call that Cecil passed away an hour ago." Cecil was your younger sibling; Cecil suffered from Leukemia and was fighting for a year until today he couldn't fight any longer. You haven't seen Cecil since you were told he was sick. Cecil was in his early twenties and was the sweetest person you would've ever met. 

"I'm so sorry, do you want to come over to the Grump Office?" Arin asked you; he felt awful that he couldn't do much about it right now. 

*** (Time Skip)***

After recording, you hugged onto Arin and cried. Arin rubbed your back while Dan awkwardly joined the hug. 

"I'm so sorry," Dan mumbled, not knowing what else to say. "Since Arin has to leave with Suzy, I can hang with you." You let go of Arin and smiled at Dan. Arin kissed your forehead and got up to walk out with Suzy. 

Dan held out his with a goofy smile plastered on his face. You giggled, letting yourself fall into Dan's soft hug. Dan rested his bony cheeks on top of your head while you nuzzled your face into his neck. He smelled good and his curls itched your face slightly, but you didn't mind. He was super comfy and warm, which made you feel secure and comfortable. While still hugging, you felt your eyes sag. You began to get tired; you scooted your body up on Dan's, sitting on his lap as he now held you like an overgrown child. He took this moment to pay with your soft hair, softly running his long fingers through your hair. The feeling of his fingertips softly grazing your skin made you even more sleepy. 

**

(Dan's POV) 

She's like a sleepy child; it's adorable. 

Hearing her soft snores, I stop petting her hair and I begin to hun a tune. The door to the recording room opens again, revealing Barry and Ross. Ross snickers while I look back. Barry takes a quick photo and leaves while Ross sticks out his tongue playfully and shuts the door 

I sigh, "God dammit Ross."