Part 4

Waking up, you couldn't remember where you were. What happened to make you pass out? Once your memory was regained and your eyes begin to open, you notice the male underneath you lightly snoring. You realized it was Dan; you wanted to jolt up in shock, but you remained in his arms and laying down. You didn't want to wake up- it made you feel secure and safe; a feeling you haven't felt in a long time.

By this time, Arin and Suzy arrived from the store. You and Dan were still on the couch; Dan's arms were tightly wrapped around you and cuddling up to your neck. Suzy sits the bags of groceries down at the table, pointing out to Arin you and Dan on the couch.

"Look at Y/n and Dan." She whispers to her husband. Arin mumbles back, "I want to wake them up, but they're adorable." They exchange small giggles; you peel one eye open, looking up slightly to see Arin and Suzy hovering over you both, about to take a photo. You quickly close your eye before they notice. The Polaroid camera snaps a photo once the click sound goes off, Dan opens his drowsy eyes. He looks at you, then at Suzy and Arin. It took him a few seconds before he realized: Suzy and Arin took a photo of him and you sleeping together. His face instantly began to change to a dark pink.

"I- um, sorry I fell asleep." Dan stutters for a reply; "It's okay Dan, stop freaking out." You laugh, finally getting off of Dan. Your body felt cold and Dan felt empty without your body's presence.

"So are you feeling any better?" Suzy leans down to ask you.

You yawn, stretching out your tired muscles, "Yeah, I am now. Thank you, Arin and Dan." Suzy smiles and wraps you in a comforting motherly hug. "Want me to take you home?" You nod, standing up and waving Dan and Arin goodbye.

**

"Seems like you and Dan are close." Suzy teased, pulling into the left lane. You leaned onto the window, watching the houses and trees blur by. After Suzy's comment, you spin your head around to face her.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Your face flushed slightly; Suzy stops at a red light, turning her head towards you now. "Oh come on, you can't say you don't see the way he acts around you. He even fell asleep with you when you passed out! You have to at least feel some sort of feeling around him." Suzy went on a little rant. You sarcastically laugh, nervously smiling along with the laugh.

"Maybe he was tired too, I don't know- I just met him." You tried defending for yourself; you didn't like him, you told yourself. But you did, you liked him more than you wanted to.

"I won't tell anyone if you tell me." Suzy smiled, turning her attention back to the road ahead. You hesitated before responding; Suzy was the female friend you could always turn to and tell anything to, but should you tell her about your feelings for Dan? Though, you have told her worse back in high school.

You look back out the window, "I think I may like him. But I'm not sure; I got out of an abusive relationship not to long ago, so I don't know if I want to jump into this 'relationship' with Dan. Plus, how do you know if he likes me anyway?" As Suzy pulls into your driveway, she pulls the car into park and turns back towards you with a serious face, "Y/n, Arin and I know Dan. We know how he acts and we can tell he likes you. I'm not saying to date him now, but consider it when you're ready." Suzy unlocks the door; you slowly get out of the car, thanking Suzy for the ride.

"I'll think about it." You reply, watching her smile and pull out to drive away. You walk into your place, quickly hopping into your bed and charging your phone.

**

The next morning was harder to get up to. Your alarm goes off, but you hit snooze. You couldn't go to bed without watching at least ONE MORE EPISODE of your favorite TV show. You get a call from your phone from Suzy.

"Hey Y/n, I'll be picking you up in an hour. Look your best and I'll text you when I'm on my way." Before you could make a comment back, she hung up.

"What the hell?" You mumble to yourself; you quickly jump up and get ready.

***

Hopping in the car with Suzy, you sat in the back because her other friend tagged along- Holly.

"This is Holly, she's pretty cool." Holly turned around and smiled, "Hey." She replied.

This was the first time meeting Holly, and she seemed nice. She wore her hair down; her hair was dyed a light shade of pink. She wore a dark dress with raven designs on the bottom and boots that complimented the outfit.

"So are we having one of those, girls days?" You asked; you never had a girls night or day, speaking that most of your friends were males anyway. The cliche would be that they're better and not two-faced, but most guys are the same way- but funnier.

Holly pulls out her phone to take a selfie, "Yeah, you could say that! Suzy and I were going to go shopping for makeup and clothes and she brought you up and we decided to bring you along." She snaps a photo and puts a nice soft filter over it.

Arriving at the mall, you three walk into the mall and decide on which outlet store to visit first. Holly wanted Hallmark, Suzy wanted Spencers, and you didn't care where you were lead to since you forgot your wallet anyway. They decided to go to Hallmark to look at decorations for Holly to use on a project she was wanting to work on. You helped her and Suzy pick out cute things to add on.

"So Y/n, I heard about you and Dan." Holly giggled, grabbing ribbons and bows and putting them in a hand basket. Suzy must've told her about the other night.

You stutter out a reply, "Yeah, he's a cool dude." She hummed the song playing through the speakers.

"I think you two would be cute together." She remarked, walking out of the aisle and to the checkout. Suzy smiled and nudged your shoulder, walking in front of you. These types of situations were hard to handle, especially them being your ride you couldn't just run and leave.

"Y-You think so?" More confused than flattered, you responded. Holly went towards the check out while you and Suzy stood outside the door frame of Hallmark. You watched as Holly didn't have the social anxiety you did while checking out; she didn't stutter and mess up her speech, it seemed normal to talk to strangers.

"Hold on, Arin's calling." Suzy takes her phone call, turning around and walking a few feet from the store. Holly smiles, walking up to you and shows you what all she got. You nod and smile along; you didn't know the project she was working on, but you were sure it would be pretty cool. Suzy spins back around after a few minutes, shoving her phone back into her small purse hanging from her forearm.

Suzy hugs you randomly out of excitement, "So Arin called and he was going to help me make a cooking video for my channel. Dan and Barry are over at my house and he wants to know if you want to help." Holly sighed, "Sorry Suzy, I wish I could. I have to run home to babysit my birds." Suzy nodded she understood that Holly had to hurry home.

"You in?" With that kind of look, she gave you and her determined smile you knew you couldn't say no.