Part 8

Within the next week, you've visited the Game Grumps office more often. You and Dan hung out every moment you both could. While he took breaks from recording, you both would watch a movie or bug Ross. This week though, Dan has been sick. Arin asked if you wanted to record some Grumps to sub in for Dan. You obviously agree to watch Arin play games.

"Welcome back to Game Grumps." Arin proclaims; you lay upside down with the long fuzzy mic pointing downward at you. "And I'm here!" You giggle; "Yeah, if you couldn't tell from the intro screen, Y/n's here too!" You both exchange laughter. Arin was playing the rest of Sonic and The Black Knight. He was kinda upset due to Dan not being able to experience this moment with him, but luckily for you-you could. You haven't seen or heard Arin rage in what feels like eons; you both would sit and play Tekken and when you won, he would rage- though it was always funny to see him angry at something so small.

"Fuckin- oh god. I hate this game." Arin mumbles closely into the mic, rubbing his facial hair on it while watching the audio track. "You got this, just play the game." You replied, turning yourself up into a sitting position.

Arin holds tightly onto the Wii remote and nunchuck, "You remind me so much of Dan." Arin smirked; you hide your face from embarrassment.

"H-How?" You slightly roll your eyes, grabbing the bag of chips next to you. Arin finally ends up in the level of the dragon that he couldn't beat before. Having a walkthrough pulled up on Arin's phone, you help him through it. After retrying a few times, he finally beats the dragon. Both you and Arin jump up off the couch and scream in excitement.

"You did it, I fucking told you!" You both sit back down and finish the game recording.

**

Dan rolled over in his bed, feeling slightly worse than yesterday. His fever was still strong and his stomach still ached and hurt. Dan picks up his phone; blinded by the light, he turns the brightness down so he could see. Two new messages popped up on the screen.

Y/n: I hope you're feeling better! We miss you at the office.

Y/n: I'll be stopping by your place to make sure you're alright. :)

Dan smiled, replying with a "Thank you! I can't wait." He rolls out of bed, trudging through the hall into the living room where he curled up in a blanket on the couch and watched Netflix. Dan didn't want to do anything: shower, eat, go anywhere, see anyone... It surprised him that he was letting you stop by. His house was a mess and he looked awful.

The phone buzzes; Dan picks it up. "Hey, Arin." Dan coughs a few times, clearing his throat. Dan's voice was slightly going out due to the sickness, but his voice was clear enough to be heard through the other end of the phone.

"You feeling any better?" Arin checked up on Dan, "Not really, but I'll be fine. How was the recording session going?" Arin chuckled, "Well I beat the level I was stuck on for AGES!" Dan smiles faintly; Arin stays silent for a second, "So I'll let you go since you're not feeling so well. I'll talk to you later, dude. Get better!" With that, Arin hung up. Dan sets his phone to the side, laying down on the couch. Curling up in a knitted blanket, he slowly drifted off into a nap.

**

After recording, you hopped into your car and drove towards Dan's place. He previously gave you his address; you typed it into Maps and it directed you towards a different route to take, even though you were far from it. "What the fuck, Google?" You roll your eyes, closing out of Maps. You vaguely remember the street, but you were too aggravated to check your phone again. Finally finding the street, you park on the side of the street and walk up to the house. For living by himself, he had a nice home.

You knock three times; your signature knock. No answer you knock again. Shuffling is heard from inside.

"Hey." Dan looked happy, despite his flu making his outer appearance look like garbage. His eyes were saggy and dull with his skin left to be pale. You could see by the way he presented himself that he felt as bad as he looked. Instantly, you grab his wrist and drag him back inside.

***

After a few hours of being with Dan, you've made him two cans of Chicken Noodle soup and since he persisted on cuddling, you decided to lay with him while you both watch Stranger Things. Dan laid his head on your chest, cradling your body like a giant pillow while you played with his hair. Dan was starting to feel better; the next episode goes to play until Dan begins to talk, "Thank you, for everything Y/n."

He moves his head, facing you. You smile, "You're welcome- hopefully, you'll feel better tomorrow. All you need to do now since you've eaten and taken medicine to finally get some rest." You go to move, but Danny holds you down. "Please don't leave." He begs; his tone sounding defeated. He truly didn't want you to leave.

"Well, you can go lay down in your bed and I'll be in here." Dan slowly lays up, still looking upset. His curls bounced in front of his eyes, "Lay with me." He mumbles.

He looks over at you, "Being around you makes my sickness go away." He smirks; you smile and decide to lay down in bed with him. You didn't realize how much of a cuddler Dan was until now. He's like a puppy who's missed its mom.

"If I get sick, I'm blaming you."

****

Late at night, you wake up to Dan's soft snores vibrating on your chest. Checking your phone, the time showed 3 am. You sigh, tossing your phone onto the ground. Dan looked so peaceful as if he wasn't sick. Even being ill, he was cute and being around him brought you happiness that seemed almost foreign. You trailed your fingers down his bare back, feeling how warm his body was still. Dan's body was slightly tan and showed some signs of muscles; his back muscles were attractive. Your legs were tangled with Dan's, being as close as humanly possible to him. In a non-sexual way, you loved sleeping with Dan. Even knowing him for a small amount of time, its as if you've known him forever. You didn't want to lose this feeling you have for Dan, ever.

Your eyes grew weary and you soon drifted back to sleep.