Part 9

The next following day, you drove Dan to work. He was still a little ill, but a lot better than yesterday. Jamming out to his favorite band, Rush, you pull into the office parking lot. Dan wore his semi-saggy blue jeans with a black t-shirt that slightly showed his lower stomach when he lifted his shirt. You still wore the same clothes as yesterday, not having time to go home and change. You turn the music down for a second while you park. 

"Just let me know if you need picked up, I'm going to head to work." Dan smiles, "Aw, but do you have to go to work?" Dan begs. 

You lower your head and smile, not wanting to look at Dan's puppy eyes. "As much as I don't want to, I have to. It'll only be a few hours, Dan." Dan unbuckles his seat belt and opens the car door, "Alright, well have fun at work then!" He steps out of the car, rolling the window down on the passenger side. "I'll see you later, Y/n." He pats the top of the car and heads inside the building. 

As much as you didn't want to leave, you drive off towards the library. 

**

Work goes by pretty slow- checking out books, checking in books, putting books away. You start to day dream about last night- how fun it was to hangout with Dan. 

Dan lays peacefully with his hair scattered all over his pillow. You opens your eyes and notice the alarm clock says 3:45 am. You rub your eyes awake and look over at Dan, who's lightly snoring due to a clogged nose. You softly smile, running your fingers through his hair. 

Dan turns his body to the other side of the bed, facing you and smiling in his sleep. You brush your thumb across his cheek bone, feeling the stubble of his facial hair poke your fingers. He still has a slight fever. "Dan, do you want to take some more medicine real fast?" You whisper in his ear. He groans, not wanting to wake up from his dream. 

"Hnnnn." He closes his eyes tighter, refusing to wake up. You nudge his shoulder, "Dan, come on- you still have a fever. Let' s get some medicine in your system." He finally opens his eyes, pushing the curls out from his view. 

"Alright." His waking up voice was husky and quiet; he lays up, shaking his head to fully wake himself up. You hop out of his bed and stand on the side Dan's on, offering to help him up. "I got it." He shifts his feet to the side of the bed and stands up. "Come on, big guy." You both exchange a short laugh while walking to the kitchen.

Dan grabs a cup of water and heads for the medicine cabinet where you had your hand out to him, holding a small plastic cup full of cold medicine. Dan wasn't fond of cold medicine, "Do I have to take it?" He whines. "Yes, now hurry up so you can get some more sleep." Dan sighs, taking the medicine from your hands and quickly drinking it. After he drinks it all, he slightly gags- then takes a huge sip of water. 

"See, that wasn't so bad." You wash out the cup and walk with Dan back to his room. 

"So did you want me to head home? I think you'll be good for the night by yourself." You sit on his bed while he lays himself back down, "I want you to stay here." He mumbles, yawning from the drowsiness of the medicine he's been taking. You lay back down with him; he shuffles himself closer to you, laying his head on your shoulder. You begin to pet his hair again, "Okay, I'll stay." You rest your head on top of Dan's. Dan nuzzles his face into your neck; you can feel his soft warm breath tickle your neck with each exhale. 

"Goodnight Daniel." You lightly plant a kiss on his forehead; Dan instantly smiles, "Goodnight Y/n." 

**

Dan and Arin sat on the Grump's couch, recording another Sonic episode. As Arin tries rushing through the fighting scenes, Dan lays back on the couch and sighs. "You good dude, are you feeling any better?" Arin asks, "Yeah- just still a little drowsy is all." Arin then screams at the tv; he dies yet another time. Dan begins to laugh, "That's your THIRD time dying in the same area, Arin." 

"I KNOW, DANIEL. I'M TRYING TO MOTHERFUCKIN' BEAT THESE STUPID ASS MONSTERS." Dan breaks out in uncontrollable laughter as he watches Arin restart the level again. "So how was your sick day, Dan?" Arin changes the subject from his outburst. 

"Good actually, I had Y/n pumping my body up with cold medicine while we watched Stranger Things. It's a pretty badass show!" Arin turns his gaze to Dan, who seemed to be staring at the window behind them. Arin raises an eyebrow, "Whatcha looking at?" Dan jolts his head back towards the tv, his face slowly beaming with a red tint. "Uh- nothing! Just watching to see if Y/n has gotten off work yet and if she's here." He mumbles the rest of his sentence. 

"You LIKE  her, don't you?" Arin deviously smirks, not paying attention to the game. "Barry, cut this out!" Dan nervously laughs, "No Barry, keep it in! I'm sure we all wanna know!" Arin teases.

"Can we talk about this AFTER the show?" Dan pleads; Arin gives in and drops the subject.

** 

"Yeah, I think I like her

"Yeah, I think I like her." Dan smiles, looking down and smiling to himself with the thought of you in his head. "What's here not to like? She's cool as shit, she took care of me when I was sick, she loves my favorite bands.. We're practically the same person!" Arin nods his head, "Yeah you two have a lot in common. "Hey, since we're done recording, we can go visit her?" Dan asks Arin. Arin shrugs, "Why not!" 

Once they arrive at the library, they come jogging inside looking for you. You were at the front desk, typing semi-important stuff on your computer. You look up to see the two idiots you call friends waving their arms and walking towards you. You smile, happy to see the both of them. 

"Hey guys, done recording already?" You look up from the screen.  They both nod their heads, "Yeah, didn't take that long to record four episodes of Sonic." Arin replies. "Well, it took longer than expected." Dan spits back; Arin turns his head towards Dan and playfully nudges his arm with his elbow. "You done with work yet?" Arin asks; "Almost, why?" 

"How would you like to go on a double date with Suzy, Dan, and I?"