Part 7

(A/N: THIS ISN'T REALLY APART OF THE STORY LINE, BUT I HAD AN IDEA I WANTED TO JUST WRITE DOWN! ENJOY!)

It was late at night in the Grump office. You stayed to record more episodes with Barry and Ross; Arin and Dan were also recording in a different room. Once you were done recording, Barry and Ross headed home. You stayed back with Dan and Arin; the two boys took a break and Dan walks out of the recording room to make some tea. You were sitting on the couch in the other room, scrolling through your social media platform. You look up from your phone, watching Dan walk to the cabinets to grab some tea packets. Silently, you put your phone down and observe the lanky male pull out a small pan of water to boil on the stovetop. Dan began to hum to himself a tune you weren't familiar with; he began to slowly sway his hips in dainty motions. His hips swivel in an eight motion while he shifts his arms above his self. 

You eyed down his movements; so supple and lithe- it made you bite your bottom lip. 

He begins to speed up his movements, shaking his head to the movement of the song he was humming. His curls bounced left and right, covering the view of his face. 

Arin walks out of the recording room shortly after. Dan's water finally came to a boil- he puts some tea bags in the water. "Hey Y/n, whatcha doing?" You and Dan spin back to stare at Arin, who wore a devious grin on his tired face. You sink into the couch, hiding and engulfing yourself in your phone again. Dan blushes, not noticing you were even there to begin with.  

Embarrassed, Dan stops dancing and humming and turns around to stare at the water absorbing the tea inside the pot. 

An awkward silence fills the air while Arin grabs a glass from the cabinet and opens the fridge to grab a gallon of water. Dan peers his glance over at Arin, who wasn't phased by the awkward tension he put in the air. 

"Arin," Dan whispers to Arin. Arin's eyebrow lifts up, "What's up, dude?" Arin quickly chugs the water. Dan looks behind him, noticing your hair poking out from the top of the couch. "How long was Y/n out here? Was she staring at me?" Dan became slightly paranoid. Arin darted his eyes at the couch, then back at Dan. 

"I came out just a second ago and she was watching. I'm guessing she was since you were dancing." Arin shrugs, knowing that his words will dig deep into Dan's thoughts and imagination. 

Arin walks off back into the recording room, waving you and Dan bye. You slowly get up from the couch, walking over to Dan. Both you and Dan felt awkward after Arin pointed out you were there. You bowed your head, still staring at your phone screen.

"I um-" Dan stutters, pouring the tea from the pot into a giant glass. You finally click off your phone screen, since you were pointlessly scrolling down the same posts you've been looking at for a few minutes. 

You reply, "Sorry for making this awkward. I-I like your dancing, even if you weren't 100% committed to your dancing." Dan nervously giggles, "At least you enjoyed it." Dan winks in your direction playfully before pulling out some sugar to sweeten his tea with. 

"You like to play with my emotions, don't you?" You playfully remark. Dan rolls his eyes, "You finally noticed?" You both laugh together, then letting the room fill back with silence and close minded thoughts. 

"I'd like to see you dance." You step back in shock from his statement. "Oh no- I can't. You're funny, Dan." You internally pray that he drops the conversation, but luck was not in your favor. 

"Just try to. I'll dance with you." Dan takes a quick and cautious sip before holding out his hand to you. You were unaware of what dance he had in mind, but you still grab his hand. 

He pulls you close to his chest while with his other hand, clicking a soothing song in his playlist. He begins to slow dance in the kitchen with you- your feet on top of his since you had a fear of hurting him or stepping on his feet. You rest your head on his chest, feeling the rhythm in his heartbeat while he began humming the soothing tunes. You let your body relax for a second, absorbing the comforting atmosphere Dan was setting for you both. Now that you think about it, this was the first time holding his hands. His hands were bony and much longer than yours, except his thumbs. 

You close your eyes, smiling. "Dan, this is strangely relaxing and super cliche- to be honest." Dan laughs, resting his chin on the top of your head, "Like teenage romance movie cliche or-?" You smile wider, "Teenage romance, but it's cute in its own way." 

"Well I'm glad to make you happy." Dan sighs, smiling and holding/rocking you to the songs he hummed from his playlist.