Chapter 1

The sound of the irritating alarm disturbed her sleep. She switched it off and pulled the blanket on again. She could hear her sister chuckle and it hit her when she said in a sweet tone.

"Wake up, Sleepy head! Are you going to be late on the first day of your college?"

Sarah opened her eyes in a jerk.

She rolled out of the bed and stretched in the direction of the sun just shining its warm golden light over the mountain

She rolled out of the bed and stretched in the direction of the sun just shining its warm golden light over the mountain. The entire meadow was glowing under its morning warmth and the dew was still plainly visible on all the blades of grass nearby.

Admiring the nature was one of her favourite thing to do. But she didn't want to get late at the first day of the college, so she rushed to get ready.

She brushed her teeth, had a quick bath and got ready for college. She wore a coffee coloured Kurta with black leggings, combed her hair in a pony tail and had a minimum makeup with face cream and lip gloss, finishing it with an eyeliner. She ate something in a hurry, hung her bag on the shoulder, she ran to her mother and kissed her on cheek. Her dad was going to drop her at college which was nearly 4 kilometres away from her house.

Sarah was always a bright student but her heart beat was fast as she entered a noisy classroom. But the moment she steeped inside, she felt like every thing froze. The students looked at her as if she was an alien. But she kept walking. She reached the last bench and sat at the only seat left there. She sighed a relief when everyone got busy in their stuffs just like before.

Sarah gazed around. Everyone talked to each other but her. Why? Was she not visible to anyone? Wait! If it was it, then why did they all became silent when she came in? She was irked inside because it was next to impossible for me to sit silently for such a long time. It was just not she. She looked at the girl siting beside her. She looked back at her feeling the gaze on her. Sarah smiled. She smiled back and git back to what she was doing, writing something on the notebook. She found it a little.. ah.. weird?

She took a sigh of relief when it was announced lunch after 4 consecutive tiring classes. Sarah followed the girl next to her and was guided towards the canteen. She silently ate her food without caring for anyone because frankly, she was more than hungry! She rinsed her hand and came out of the canteen. She walked towards the gate and their Mathematics teacher asked her to sit inside a winger which was going to drop us home. They were in a day boarding college but as it's the first day, they were getting a half day. She climbed the vehicle and found a girl in sandal colour dress already sited there. With her soft curls falling on her shoulder, she looked simple yet beautiful in her knee length dress. Sarah sat beside her.

"Hello. I am Sarah!" she said in the most sweetest way possible.

"Call me, Leher!" she smiled back at he.

Her smile had a spark. Her eyes devoted passion, dedication and commitment towards life. Anyways, finally Sarah made a friend!

 Anyways,  finally Sarah made a friend!