Chapter 5

Shaurya left Hayat as soon as he saw all of them looking at them. Hayat looked at him confused and turned back only to find her friends looking at her shocked. 

"Guys.. Actually, I.. " Hayat started but she couldn't make a complete sentence.

Leher and Sarah looked at each other.

"What the hell, Hayat? How could you?" Sarah exclaimed.

Listen, Sarah I was about to tell you.. You are my best friend. Please, trust me." Hayat begged to Sarah.

"Trust... If you couldn't trust your best friend with this, can how can I...? " A hurt Sarah answered him back holding Leher's shoulder.

Hayat began to feel even guiltier. She cursed her fate. How could she betray his best friend? She still tried to reason it out with her.

"Don't say that." Hayat said helpless. "I feared you guys won't accept our relationship." she held Shaurya's hand.

This hit Leher. She tried to cool down, but was not able to do so. She was upset not by the fact that Hayat was in a relationship with Shaurya, but with the fact that she hid it from her. She did not want to speak to anyone as she was not in the right frame of mind after catching her best friend kissing her now revealed boyfriend. She sighed and left the place, with Sarah following her, trying to reason it out with her. Hayat understood that they were not going to agree easily but she did not lose hope. She also left behind her with a heavy heart.

Hayat was in a state of shock. She was waiting for the right moment to tell Leher and Sarah about her relationship with Shaurya. On one hand she was relieved that her best friends got to know about the relationship, but it was soon overtaken by fear in her mind. This was certainly not the way they should have got to know about it.

"Guys, wait." Hayat rushed behind and Sarah and Leher stopped.

Hayat stood in front of them who were very angry. She just lowered her head, feeling guilty. They glared at her for a moment and then looked at each other. They shook their head and started to move but stopped hearing Hayat's words.  

"Guys, I am very sorry that I didn't tell you before about me and Shaurya. I was waiting for the right time which I didn't get. Please guys, I am really sorry."

She saw that her friends were not even looking at her, let alone respond to her. This made her very upset and started to go away when Sarah spoke to her.

"Just one thing, Hayat. We trusted you blindly, there is nothing in our life that you don't know, and today you did such a big deception with us. It's not about being in a relationship, it's about the trust, that we had on you... Aren't we important to you? Okay, not me we met just few months back, but Leher, she is your best friend since years. How can you not tell her about this?"

This hit Hayat very hard. She just could not understand what made her say such things. She then went to Leher and kept her hand on her shoulder.

"Leher, you are the most important person in my life. You both are important. It's just that I was looking for the right time. You have always been my support. Please don't think like this."

Leher heard Hayat silently but she kept quit because she was not in a right state, she didn't want to spat something wrong and ruin the already complex things. She moved away from them and marched away and Hayat held her to stop her.

"Leher, Leher please don't behave like this. I really am sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you. Please don't stop talking to me. Slap me of you want but please don't do this to me.. " Hayat pleaded.

"Hayat, I don't want to talk to you right now, please leave me alone." Leher said as polite as possible and move away but Hayat kept moving behind her trying to stop her. But Leher didn't, she tried her best to stay away from her. With this push and pull, Hayat mistakenly pushed Leher.

*******************

Vivaan stood numb. He felt shattered. Tears of pain kept rolling down his eyes uncontrollably because he couldn't just believe that something like can happen, truth couldn't just sink in. The only girl who he loved so much has chose someone else over him! She would be someone else's? Seeing Hayat so close to someone- actually her kissing someone else, shattered all of his dreams in a second. But again, he never confessed his liking towards Hayat to her. It's never too late, bullshit!

He was lamenting in his thoughts when suddenly heard some loud screams. He looked at his surrounding and realised that Atharv, Karthik and Shaurya were running towards the voice. He rushed behind them.

"Leher!!!" Sarah and Hayat screamed when the boys reached only to see that Leher has fallen off the cliff.

Everyone were shocked but Atharv was terrified to the core, to see Leher hanging on the edge of the cliff.

"Save me!!" Leher screamed in fear.

"Leher!!!" Atharv tried to rush towards her but Vivaan and Karthik held him back.

Leher was stuck, she held a branch tightly. Her heart was beating rapidly and tears kept rolling down her eyes.

"Leher, Relax. I will save you anyhow." Atharv said in assurance as he kneeled down towards her but he himself was terrified.

"My hand is slipping." Leher said and closed her eyes tightly.

Suddenly she felt someone holding her hand and sighed a relief. She opened her eyes to find Atharv bent down and gripping her wrist tightly. Vivaan, Karthik and Shaurya held him from behind with all their strength.

After a lot of effort, Atharv was able to pull Leher up and when she was closer, she wrapped her hands around his neck and he held her by her waist. He pulled her up and they rolled on the ground, hugging each other tightly.

"I thought I will loose you." Atharv whispered in Leher's ears and kissed her earlobes.

Leher was shocked by his sudden intimacy but in the next moment, she felt light. A sudden delight ran through the length and breadth of her body in the form of a high voltage current. She closed her eyes and then heard the three words she'd read in books, seen in movies.

"I Love you."

Hola guys! Here is the next chappy. I hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think about Hayat and Shaurya's relationship?

What do you think about Atharv's confession?

What will happen next??