Chapter 3: Boys Will Be Boys

•recap•

"Well first of all, calm down, and second, let's go to the library but we gotta make it quick since I have the musical to work on and you have hockey with Zach." She gave me a pat on the back before walking to her next class, as I did the same.

We picked the spot in the back where the bean bags were and I sat there with my leg bouncing like crazy.

"How can I help you Dom?" She leaned back and pulled down her glasses from the top of her head.

"So you know how you're soulmate is Zach, and he's a boy?"

"Yeah, and?"

"My soulmate is a boy also."

••

"YOUR SOULMATE IS A GUY?!"

"Shhhh!! Don't be so loud!"

"I know, I know, sorry, I'm just really happy."

"Why??"

"Because, you're a whole step closer to finding your soulmate!! Plus, I just know you guys are gonna be so cute!!" Claire beamed.

"I'm-"

"Shut up, when do we get to meet him? Where is he at? Is he hot or cute? I can't really imagine you being a bottom since your name is Dom, but I don't know, maybe the tables have turned-"

"Claire, I asked you for help, not to fangirl." I crossed my arms and huffed. I was starting to regret telling Claire. I don't even know why I had the courage to tell her in the first place, this was something that freaked me out.

"Okay, I'm ready now. What exactly did you need help with again?"

"Well, as I said before, my soulmate is a dude, and I've never been with a dude so I don't know what the hell to do." I fiddled with my fingers, nervous if Claire even had any good advice.

"Don't be nervous, Dom! Just because it's a guy, doesn't mean it's going to be completely new territory, I think. I mean you're both guys so you already know how one works!."

Oh.

"Wow you are completely right. I don't know why I got so freaked out." I got up to hug her, and she did the same.

"Tell me Dom, are you afraid of looking gay?" She looked up at me in seriousness after we pulled away from the hug.

"I 100% support gay rights and shit and I don't give a shit about who anyone's soulmate is, but I know there's people here who think people who have same-sex soulmates are disgusting and are a screw-up or something. I don't want to be seen as one of those and I'm afraid." I huffed. Since when did I go to Claire with my internal problems??

"Dom, you shouldn't worry about that. Those people have brain-damage or something and don't understand that it's not a choice. You and I both know that it doesn't matter who your soulmate is, you're going to be loved unconditionally. And if you know that, then you shouldn't worry about what other people think. They are nothing compared to you." Claire smiled and gave me another hug. I guess she's right.

"Thanks Claire. I'll remember that." I gave her a crooked smile.

"It's no problem at all. I'll catch ya later!" She skipped off to the auditorium. She's helping out in the musical. I think we're doing "Newsies" or some shit. I started walking out of the school to my car so I could drive to practice. I was really excited because I finally got to play this time fuck yeah!!

••

I walked into the ice rink and saw Coach Rich sitting in his office.
"What's up coach?" I said as I poked my head through the door. Coach was a middle aged man in a blue tracksuit with an old Lion's hat. We are the Lakewood Lions. Pretty savage if I say so myself.

"Sullivan! I heard you're feeling better today." Coach looked up from his clipboard and stood up from his chair. He walked over and greeted me with a hard pat on the shoulder, which was a strong pat.

"Yeah! I'm a lot better!" I gritted my teeth while rubbing my shoulder.
"Then get your ass on the ice and show me how much better you are!" He let out a hard laugh and I nodded before scurrying out the office and into the locker room. I was about 3 more missed practices away from being benched, and I do nOt want that. I'm not gonna let my soulmate get in the way of that!

"SULLY!!" Zach and the rest of the team cheered. I high fived everyone before getting my gear on. They probably missed having their best left winger! [a/n: I actually had to look up hockey positions ffs]

"Damn it's good to have you back!" Zach waddled up to me in his skates. I could see his winged eyes through his helmet and they obviously looked fabulous. I was tying my own skates up, and I smiled up at him. I missed playing side by side with my best friend. Well technically not side by side since I'm the left winger and Zach is a right defenseman.

ANYWAY

"Dom hurry up, did'ja forget how to tie your skates? Let's go!" Zach pulled my hand and we were out the door and onto the ice.

Do you know how good it feels to glide effortlessly on an ice rink?

"I'll race you to the sticks!" Zach snickered before going ahead of me towards the hockey sticks.
"BET!" I shouted and hurried to catch up with Zach.

Obviously I won.

"Bro you cheated."
"YOU GOT A HEAD-START!" I can't believe this kid, accusing me, an innocent left winger, of cheating!

"NO"
"ZACH, YOU-"
"ALRIGHT LADIES, LET'S GET GOING! GET YOUR STICKS AND POSITIONS READY BEFORE I STEP FOOT ON THIS ICE!!" Coach Rich yelled. Everyone rushed to the sticks and their places. Trust me on this, it was not fun when Coach Rich came onto the ice.

I got to the left side and stood with my hockey stick firm on the ground. Rocco, one of our star team members, was the center position, so he got to place the puck on the ground. He was a senior too and I could definitely tell he was going to get a scholarship this year, if he hadn't already. Everyone was silent, and waiting for the whistle to blow.

We had enough people on our team to play against each other evenly, so most of our practices were like that. Our teams were usually mixed up, but today it was like this:

Team 1: The Kahoots

Center: Mikey

Left-Winger: Ben

Right-Winger: Mal

Left-Defenseman: Hunter

Right-Defenseman: Clark

Goalie: John

Team 2: The Purple Scrunchies

Center: Rocco

Left-Winger: Dom (me!!)

Right-Winger: Tito

Left-Defenseman: Leo

Right-Defenseman: Zach

Goalie: Mark

Yeah we like to get silly with our team names. The last time, Zach wanted to name his team "The Jeffrey Stars". I don't know who that is but I think Claire likes him??

Ben was our other left-winger. He's been filling in for me since I've been out. I will say he's pretty good, but he also has things to work on. I get to help him sometimes and it's really cool. He's pretty chill.

Suddenly, we all heard the sound.

"LET'S GO!"

Mikey, the other center man was too slow, so Rocco (who was on my side) hit the puck first, and sent it flying.

"Yes!" I cheered under my breath. Zach got a hold of the puck next and was about to pass it to me, however I felt the familiar sensation of my forearm skin splitting, which caused me to drop my stick.

"Fuck." I cursed as my own blood dropped profusely on the ice, giving it a nice red stain.

——————————————————
a/n

What's up hoes

Okay wow it's been a WHILE and I've been meaning to update this (no I haven't) but i just didn't you know?

I re-read the last chapters from this book and was cringing hard but we're just gonna forget about that and continue on because I really don't feel like rewriting those. (update like 2 years later: as i'm editing the chapters sksks i hate this)

ALSO I CHANGED DOM'S LAST NAME TO
SULLIVAN IF ANYONE NOTICED BECAUSW I REALLY FUCKING HATED HIS OLD LAST NAME

Oh also, it's been so long that I completely forgot the name of dom's soulmate, and when I saw it it my notes I was
d i s g u s t e d

So yeah his name is gonna fuckinf change 4sure. (update like 2 years later: damn I wish I remembered it bc now im curious)

Also can we pls recognize the detail in the hockey positions i feel so proud of myself for doing research uwu

I know I made all of dom's friends seem all important but I don't want to overwhelm myself with 19 characters so they may be in some chapters but not others you feel? Bc I did that one time and I ended up deleting the book and hoped no one would notice ahahaIdk I kind of like this book again so I might pop another update soon idkAnyways, I appreciate the comments I received about you guys wanting me to update so yeah thanks y'all <333Lmao L8erz

-ur mom