Chapter 7: New Guy

•recap•

/then let's get to know each other/

/ :-) /

/well when you put the nose on the smiley../

I giggled. We were getting somewhere! Even if we've barely talked, I could feel myself getting attached.

"Would you rather drive the millennium falcon to school everyday or eat like.. Kale or some shit for breakfast everyday."

"Zach what the fuck?"

"Answer the question."

"Uh, I guess eat kale? Everyday?"

"Oh, Dom, what a small brain you have." Zach started petting my hair and I smacked his hand away playfully. He likes to ask this would you rather shit every damn day. Am I annoyed? Absolutely not.

"Alright ladies! I have someone I want you to meet." Coach Rich presents a somewhat muscular brown headed boy, with an average height for a seventeen year-old. A little on the short side though.

"This is James. He just moved here from California and I took it upon myself to look at his past records in sports. He seems to be very skilled, his team being undefeated, and I thought he'd make a great asset to our team. I hope you all make him feel welcomed." Coach Rich put a hand on James' shoulder. You know, that comforting shoulder-gripping-hand all Fatherly Coaches use to make something official.

"But Coach, doesn't he have to try out for the team?" Zach raised his hand. I was also wondering that too. It wasn't every day that Coach decided to add some rando on our team.

"Yes. That is why I brought him here today. I want to see how James works with all of you and vice versa. So today, we will be doing the normal drills, and then a game. A FRIENDLY game too. I hope you all have learned your lesson from last time.." Coach Rich gritted his teeth. Fun story actually, the last time we had just a free-play game of hockey, Tito and John got in a fight and Zach almost lost a tooth for the second time. It was kind of funny.

But not to Coach.

"What position does he play?"

"Left Winger!"

I felt my heart skip a beat when I heard that.

"Wow, really? That's cool." I muttered, averting my eyes from James. I don't know why, but I feel like I have some competition now.

But we'll just have to wait and see when James plays.

"Let's go! Get your asses on the ice!" Coach hollered. Zach gave me a grin and I returned it with the same thing.

Everyone was about to be DOM-INATED

Zach gave me a weird look as I laughed at my own joke. He would have been laughing too if I said it out loud because it was FUNNY.

"Okay when I blow the whistle, y'all know what to do." Coach Rich started walking out and raised his hand. Rocco and Mikey, the centers, were in the middle, setting their sticks. I looked over at Zach and he gave me a thumbs up. I then looked over at James, and it was kind of creepy because he was staring right back at me.

"OKAY GO" I heard Coach Rich yell after blowing the whistle. Rocco must've been also staring at James and Mikey quickly hit the puck between his legs.

"HOLY SHIT!" I heard Mikey yell with glee as Rocco grunted in annoyance. It wasn't everyday that Rocco let someone beat him on the first hit. Me, being on Mikey's team, meant that I quickly had to move. (im so sorry if yall have no clue whats happening, but they playin hockey)