Why Being a Greek God Beats Being Human

Immortality Rocks! There's no need to fear health issues or dying.

You're super powerful and can fly or run unimaginably fast; transmogrify into animals or inanimate objects; control the sun and moon; and affect weather, time, crops, fate, creativity, and everything else that could possibly mess up mankind.

Get to feast on yummy, yummy ambrosia, which pairs well with one's offspring (a Greek god thing).

Will get depicted by some of the world's finest artists as handsome with killer abs or long-haired beautiful with voluptuous curves (perhaps with a bit of a paunch, which once was considered fashionable in sharp contrast to today's unrealistically slight beauty pageant standards).

Will get immortalized (a redundancy if you're already immortal?) in cool mythology.

Will get multiple names by followers of different cultures.

May get planets named after you.

May get diseases named after you.

May get space missions named after you.

You'll get to do all those things that Greek gods love doing such as:

Judge mankind.

Treat humans as play things—rape them, or turn them into swine, spiders, trees, or rocks.

Do such things to especially heroic, admirable, beloved, innocent or beautiful humans just to be ironic or spiteful, or in fits of jealousy or lust.

Compel them to do demented things like kill their fathers and bed their mothers.

Exact unreasonable and gratuitous sacrifices and offerings.

Dole out disproportionate punishments for perceived slights.

And more often than not, get away with such irresponsible antics that leave victims disfigured, in misery and despair, or dead.

Also, can sleep late, idle the time away, relax, and do nothing. There's never any rush or pressure 'cause stuff will still be more or less the same a century, millenia, or eon from now.

And blow off the next ice age or mass extinction 'cause as an immortal, you've already seen and done that—ho hum.

And take without asking anything or anyone you want, acting like a spoiled brat, which is what Greek gods more or less are.

And laugh at mortals—such wimps—who can get sick, trip on a sidewalk, or struck by lightning and die.

And laugh at people who fret over such pettiness as job prestige, symbols of affluence, fame, impressing neighbors, hair color, hair loss, hairstyle, hair removal, hair stubble, how old they look, what others think of them, how to climb the corporate ladder without appearing to do so, how to be a big shot, how to appear humble despite being a big shot, how to get even, how to get tickets to the big game, how to get out of work to see the big game, what to do if seen by a coworker at the big game, how to improve marital relations with nominal effort and sacrifice, how to cheat on one's spouse while still improving marital relations, how to teach one's children proper values lacking in oneself, etc., etc.

Can also squabble with fellow gods and plot to dethrone those in power like a bunch of hooligans in a school yard. What fun!

And perhaps best of all, can impress the heck out of people who cower in fear and worship you for who you are; act "holier than thou"—because you are(?); and feel justified for your superior airs that everyone detests—but tough luck for them 'cause no one asked them their opinion anyhow. Right or wrong, for good or evil, you'll virtually always get your way 'cause life is good when you're a Greek god.