Forever Emerald

"Emerald! It's your first day of school get you butt down here right now young woman!" I hear my mother yell up the stairs to me. The savory scent of bacon tickles my nose leading down into the kitchen. I make a sharp turn and run towards my little brother's messy room to get him up and soon after, I freeze. "David!!!!" I scream for he had blood trickling down his forehead, when noone was even around to pull the cursed trigger.

I run to school bawling my eyes out trying to forget what happened, even though I already knew it was impossible to do, that's when I heard it. David's voice, saying "Remeber me forever, Emerald." I run faster than the speed of light and finally I reach the school.

After a long, terrible, tormenting day, I walk home silently with my best friend Gloria, not saying a single word. Once I reach home, I tell my mom about the voice as she looks at me like she was hiding something. "Em, I need to tell you something," "What?!?" I say angrily. "You're a physcic." she says like she was lifting a huge weight off of her shoulders.

I realized after a while that I could never be a normal teenager after what my mom had said to me. I yell to my mother to get the car started as I pack my things to stay at Gloria's for the night. "All set?" my mother asked with a touch of sadness in her voice. "Yeah..." I reply with sadness lying around in the pit of my stomach.

As soon as the car stops, I run into Gloria's house to find what looks like David sitting on the couch. "We need to talk." Gloria says scaring the crap out of me. "I can't do this alone Gloria, that's why i'm here in the first place!" I shout unexpectedly. I look back to where I could've sworn David was sitting but the figure disappeared scaring me even more than it being there in the first place.

As we get ready to watch a scary movie I see David sitting next to me and he says "Don't be afraid to remeber me, Emerald! I'm here now but i'm going to a better place but don't you ever forget me!" he screams and dissappears from my sight. I race upstairs and splash a bucket of water onto my face.