Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The Truth Revealed

Who Is Staying Together?

*Small Filler; Pre-Chapter*
Tamaki was better now. His wounds healed and he was dismissed from the infirmary. Cleo had her arm bandaged for a day or two but the scar started healing quickly once again. The Stein clone was defeated as was the payed assassin. Cleo didn't let Tamaki out of her sight and vice versa. Mako returned three days after his fight with Heather. He was wounded severely but didn't let anyone (Especially Cleo) know. He went to Stein, who promised to heal his cuts as quick as possible. That was around another four days.
*Third Person Point of View*
It was very early in the morning. Mako quietly crept into the girls' apartment. He snuck into Cleo's room and crawled on the bed, cat form. Cleo turns on her side, mumbling slightly in her sleep. Mako purrs and closes his eyes. Three hours later, Cleo wakes up. She stretches and looks around the room. A little white cat with a black hat was asleep by her feet. Cleo throws her pillow at it. "Meowr!" The cat hisses. Mako jumps up and lands on the floor. "Where the hell have you been Mako!?" Cleo whisper yells. Mako changed into human form. "Are you worrying because you like me?" Mako purrs, trying to change the subject. Cleo turns bright red. "No. I was worried because I've grown accustomed to your perverted ways." Cleo mumbles. She really had grown used to Mako. When Tamaki was hurt or when Cleo felt down, Mako would always be there to cheer her up, whether it was just making her nose bleed or doing something friendly, Mako made her feel better. "I had to deal with some things." Mako says. He changed back into human, brushing his face up and down Cleo's unhurt arm. Cleo nudges him softly. Mako groans in pain. She accidentally hit his still healing scar. It was on his chest, and still a bright reddish - pinkish color. "Mako!" Cleo exclaims. Mako turns away. "You got hurt when you fought Heather didn't you!? You promised to be careful!" Cleo shouts. "Not so loud. The others might still be asleep!" Mako hisses. Cleo rolls her eyes. "Yes or no. Did you get hurt?" Cleo asks again. "Yes." Mako mumbles. Cleo sighs. "This is why I didn't want you there. E-everyone is getting h-hurt because of m-me!" Cleo cries. Tears dotted her eyes. Mako hugs her tightly. He strokes Cleo's hair softly. Cleo cries quietly into his shoulder. "I'm not going anywhere okay. I'm not hurt. Everything is going to be okay. Stop those tears pretty girl." Mako whispers. Cleo smiles despite the tears that continued to fall down her cheeks. "That's better." Mako smiles. He gives Cleo a tissue so she could wipe her face. Cleo hugs Mako tightly. "Thank you." She mumbles. Mako rubs her back. "Your welcome. Are you going to tell me what happened to your arm?".
"I got hurt but it's fine.".
"I'll kill whoever did it.".
"He's already dead.".
"If he wasn't I'd kill him.".
"I'm okay really.".
"Promise me you won't get hurt." Mako says. "Like you promised me?" Cleo snorts. "No. Honestly. I can't stand to see you hurt. You can't stand to see me hurt." Mako says. Cleo looks up at Mako. He fiddled with her white hair, twisting it around his fingers lovingly. "Pinkie swear. Whoever breaks their promise swallows a thousand needles." Cleo mumbles. Mako connects his thumb to hers while their pinkies still twirled around each other. "Seal it with a kiss.". Mako smiles. Cleo shrugs and lays back down with Mako curled against her. "Mako please." Cleo laughs as Mako started to tickle her sides. Mako laughs.
*Tamaki*
I dress into a pair of jeans and a red hoodie. Azure was waiting with Kyoya and Prona. We were going to play 2 on 2 basketball. I slip on my shoes and hurry out my room. "Alright! Game on!" Kyoya yells. He runs out the room. We follow pursuit. He leads the way to the basketball court where our game immediately starts.
*Crystal*
I yawn. I get out of bed and tie the belt around my robe tighter. I shuffle out my room and into the living room. A little white cat was at the stove cooking (more like just using his powers to cook.). He tosses some warm pancakes onto a plate on that table. The table was set with five glasses of milk, syrup, forks, and knives. Cleo sat on a chair, talking to Mako while cutting her pancakes. "Hey. Am I intruding?" I ask. I take a seat by Cleo. "I was just telling Cleo how much I love her." Mako purrs. He changes into a human and nuzzles up next to Cleo. "Gah! M-Mako stop!" Cleo exclaims as Mako brushes his tongue on her cheek. He bites her ear. "Mako!" Cleo exclaims. She pops Mako's head, scolding him. The white cat laughs. He returns to cooking.
-----
"These were so good." Hikari mumbles. She came in last and had dibs on the last pancake. Mako smiles. "I will do anything for Cleo and her friends." Mako says. He rubbed Cleo arm and licked her hand like cat (which he was). Cleo pushes him away. "Mako stop!" Cleo huffs. She grabs the plates, I put up the cups. Hikari and Prima clean off the table.
*Monday*
*Cleo*
"It's raining!" I exclaim as we run out the door. "No duh Cleo!" Hikari laughs. Prima slides, not able to stop herself. "My hair is going to get frizzy!" Crystal whines. She runs faster, her icy blue ponytail swinging. Azure flies by on a skateboard floating. "No fair!" I exclaim. "Azure. Let me get a ride!" Prima exclaims. Azure holds out his hand. Prima grabs on. They zoom away. "Prima!" Hikari and Crystal yell. They take off after the two. Kyoya and Prona caught up to me. Tamaki was still way behind. Prona grabs my hand and runs further up. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Making Tamaki hurry up!" Prona giggles. I smile and glance back. Tamaki passed Kyoya now. "It worked!" Kyoya yells. He zooms to the front. Tamaki quickly scoops me up and runs past Prona. I laugh. ----- We make it to the school, soaking wet. Everyone at the school was actually. "Here. I brought an extra towel." Maka tells me. She hands me a huge beach towel. I drape it over me like a cape. "Thanks mom." I mumble. School hasn't started yet since many students were still at home from the rain. "So I guess it's a free day?" Hikari asks. "Not for you guys. I want you to pair up with your partner and put down your names in this jar!" Maka cheers. Uh oh. This was going to be something bad!
*Third Person Point of View*
"Okay. Finally, before the bell rings, I want the last three opponents. Team Cleo. Team Azure. Team Ash." Maka says. Cleo, Tamaki, Azure, Prima, Ash, and Haru walk up. The weapons change. Cleo held the crescent moon blade and spikes. Azure held the white, electrical sword. Ash grasped two nunchucks held together by a strong silver chain. "Okay. On three. One. Two. Three!" Professor Maka yells. Cleo aims to hit Ash but he swings the nun chuck, hitting both Cleo and Azure. Azure strikes Cleo with his sword, sending her flying into some desks. Cleo shakes herself off and jumps up. "Soul Resonance!" She screams with Tamaki's voice backing her's up. Tamaki transforms into a double sided Genie Hunter blade weapon. She strikes out Azure, leaving Ash and Haru. "Oh so it's going to be like that? Okay. Haru. Soul resonance!" Ash screams. Haru transforms into a pair of black nunchucks but they were equipped with a circle of blades slithering up and down. Whenever Ash aimed for Cleo, the blades created enough friction to spark up a small fire that's ran up and down the weapon. Cleo starts toward Ash. Everything working great until... Cleo tripped over her own feet and landed on the ground, face down. Ash smiles and hits Cleo softly but enough to send her sliding to a wall. "Team Ash wins!" Maka exclaims. Ash smiles. Haru changes back into a human. "Cleo! What was that!?" Tamaki exclaims. He changes back into a human. "It was me tripping okay!" Cleo mumbles. She pouts as Ash gloats his winning. "Here. Let me help you up." Haru tells Cleo. He holds out his hand. Cleo takes it. Haru pulls her up gently. "Good team work you guys!" Maka cheers. She claps her hands. "Don't forget the exams Professor Marie and I will be giving you soon!" Maka reminded the kids. The bell rings. "Okay. You are dismissed." Professor Maka chimes. She lets the class go. Cleo scoops up her things and walks out of class with Hikari, Crystal, and Prima. The boys ( including Haru and Ash) follow pursuit. The rain was still falling steadily, pounding against the roof of the school. The group huddle next to each other closely. "Prima. Want a ride?" Azure asks. He pulls out his skateboard and places it on the ground. Prima nods yes. Azure lets her on first before stepping on the skateboard. They rush off. "No fair!" Hikari cries. Her and Kyoya take off with Crystal and Prona chasing after them. Cleo takes off running with Tamaki close to her while Haru and Ash trailed behind them.
*The girls' apartment*
*Tamaki*
Prima had out some towels so we could dry off. "Mako! Can you make some tea please?" Cleo says. She pokes her head into the kitchen. "Sure thing my Cleopatra." Mako purrs. He fiddles with Cleo's hair. "Grr...." I growl slightly. I step forward and start to grab Cleo but she turns around abruptly. "We have guests Mako. Behave yourself!" Cleo exclaims. She sprays Mako with a spray bottle full of water. He hisses and scampers off into the kitchen. "Well, umm. Welcome...." Cleo murmurs. I laugh. "So this is the apartment. It's closer to ours than we thought, right Haru." Ash says. "Yeah. Our apartment is literally up this street, first door on the right." Haru says. Cleo nods. "We should go visit someday. Hey Mako, do we have anymore muffins?" Cleo asks. Mako peaks his head through the doorway again. He had crumbs around his mouth. "Mm. N-No." He mumbles. "Mako you ate my chocolate chip muffins! I'm going to kill you!" Hikari yells. She chases Mako throughout the house with a spray bottle full of water. "Oh jeez there they go again." Cleo sighs. She pinches the bridge of her nose. I hug her. "It's funny." I tell her. She smiles and ruffles my hair. "I guess I'll just make some more muffins." She says. Prima follows her into the kitchen. Haru, Ash, Azure, Prona, and I sit (well squeeze) on the couch. Crystal stands awkwardly to one side. She scurries to the kitchen mumbling something about helping Prima and Cleo. Hikari walks by pulling Mako's ear. "Ow ow ow! I said I'm sorry Hikari! Please don't hurt me!" Mako wails. He turns into a white cat and runs off. "I'm not done with you yet Mako-chan!" Hikari yells. She chases the little white cat with a pillow. "Don't hurt Mako!" Cleo calls from the kitchen. She walks out covered with flour. I hold a laugh, biting my cheeks. "You think this is funny Tamaki?" Cleo snaps. "Oh no. I didn't say anything." I smile. Cleo lets out a little 'humph' before walking back into the kitchen. "Something special she is." Haru mumbles. "What do you mean by that?" I ask. "She has some power in her. Something special. I can't explain it." Haru answers. I nod my head. "So, how's it going?" Mako asks. He was in cat form, his hat smushed inwards and his whiskers bent. "Hikari got you didn't she?" Prona asks. Mako nods and jumps on my lap. He purrs and lays down. I sigh pet the scruff of his neck softly. "You two have some good teamwork going on." Azure says. Haru smiles sheepishly as does Ash. "It's nothing. We just try our best to connect ya know. Haru usually is the one who talks more." Ash mumbles. Haru smiles. "But you are my meister and I fight with you." Haru says. A chorus of 'Awe' was heard from the kitchen. I face palm. Mako jumps off my lap and goes to the kitchen. A while later, a red tray comes floating out. It stops on the table. "Muffins!" Mako calls from the kitchen. Each of us grabs one and munch in an awkward silence. Cleo walks into the room and then walks out and into a different room. A water noise sounds and soon, Cleo comes out in a blue robe and a towel around her hair. Mako grabs her, making her nose turn bright pink. "Mako!" Cleo hisses. The other girls walk in and then disperse into different rooms. One by one, they return dressed similar to Cleo. "Tamaki! Can I sit down?" Cleo whines. I laugh and get up. "Yay! Daisuki!" Cleo exclaims. She gives me a quick kiss then sits down, fixing her robe. Prima giggles. Azure moves out the way for her. Haru and Ash make way for Crystal and Hikari. Smushed between the girls were Kyoya and Prona. Prona jumps up. Kyoya leaned back. "All these beautiful girls for me! Why thank you!" He exclaims with a smile. "Don't touch my Cleo-San!" Mako yells. He tosses Kyoya aside. I shake my head. Wasn't I suppose to defend her, not the cat? "That's my Cleo!" I exclaim. Mako turns into a cat and lays on Cleo's lap. "He means no harm, right Cleo?" Hikari says with a little snicker. Cleo turns bright red. "Yeah....... No... Harm..." Cleo mutters. "Well, the rain is clearing up a bit." Haru murmurs. "I think we should be leaving now. The big test is coming up in just a few days. Good luck!" Ash says with a smile. The girls smile back. "Good luck to you too, Ash and Haru. Feel free to come by whenever!" Cleo exclaims, waving at the two boys from the doorway. "Maybe you're up for a game of basketball after the test!" I call out. Kyoya smiles. "Yeah. Saturday. Meet you there!" Ash calls back. They turn the corner and disappear inside their apartment.
************************************
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy chapter 7!! As you see, Mako did come back, but he came back injured. How do you think the Meisters and Weapons will do on their exam!?!?
Next time on Sky Fall will be their exams so get ready for that!
Here is a little preview of the next chapter!
---------

Chapter Eight

Big Test Day

Passing is NOT the Only Option?

*Prona*
We sat in the desks, tests being passed out. I shake my leg, nervous. Kyoya apparently didn't arrive at school yet. He wasn't even at the apartment at all. That was bad.
*Last night*
*Kyoya*
I tiptoed in Professor Marie and Professor Stein's house. Black Star told me he got caught looking for the answers to the test, but I'm better than my dad! I can do this with my eyes closed! I make my way to a room with a computer in it. A big stack of papers sat beside the computer. I grin and grab the one copy. "These are the quizzes! I know what will be on the test!" I think. I grab the whole packet and turn around. Click. Click. Click.