Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Big Test Day

Passing is NOT the Only Option?

*Cleo*
I shake my head and groan. I just got done studying. My book lay in front of me and Tamaki was passed out beside me. I toss the books off the bed. They make a dull thud noise as the hit the floor. Tamaki jumps up, his arm was in the form of the weapon. "Who's there!?" He mumbles, sleep. "Subete ga daijōbudesu." I mutter. Tamaki nods. He lays back down on the bed. I curl up next to him. "Done studying?" Tamaki asks. My head rested on his arm. "Mhm. Finally. You?". Tamaki nods his head no. "I passed out. I'm sure I'll do fine." He mumbles. I shake my head and smile. "What?" He says with a little grin. "Nani mo arimasen. Surīpu jōtai ni hairu." I say. I curl up against Tamaki, feeling him drape the soft blanket on me. "Daisuki." Tamaki mumbles. "Daisuki." I reply before closing my eyes.

*Mako*
I tiptoed around the house and to the front door. "Moon moon foggy mist." I whisper. I look at my paws. They slowly dissolved to white mist. I float out of the door. "Moon moon off." I mumble. I look at the door. The light in Cleo's room clicked off. The dull light in Hikari's room flickered. Crystal's room was pitch black. Prima's light cut on, a shadow crosses in front of the window. It walks back carrying a cup. The lights cut off again. I let out a small sigh and walk ahead. "Pinkie swear made. Whoever breaks their promise had to swallow a thousand needles. Sealed with a kiss." I hear over and over in my head. "I'm so sorry, Cleo." I whisper. "I just need to know what this presence is. And I need to know how fast it can be stopped.".

*Three Days Later*
*Third Person Point of View*
Tamaki opens his eyes. He looks around. Cleo was gone. He looks at the desk with his notes. A letter was there. "Gone to get some things. Be right back." The note read. Tamaki sighs and makes his way out the room. The door opens. Cleo and the girls walk in. "Oh hey Tamaki. Go back to your apartment. School starts in 45." Cleo says. The girls had various coffees, creamers, and sugars. Crystal held the carry out coffee cups. "Okay. Bye Cleo. Bye girls." Tamaki says. He walks out the house and into his apartment. Azure was still asleep, his head on the coffee table in the living room. "Azure. Get ready for school." Tamaki says, nudging the boy. "Hmm. What?" Azure mumbles. He sits up and wiped his mouth. "School." Tamaki says again. Azure nods and trudges to his room.

*Prona*
We sat in the desks, tests being passed out. I shake my leg, nervous. Kyoya apparently didn't arrive at school yet. He wasn't even at the apartment at all. That was bad.

*Last night*
*Kyoya*
I tiptoed in Professor Marie and Professor Stein's house. Black Star told me he got caught looking for the answers to the test, but I'm better than my dad! I can do this with my eyes closed! I make my way to a room with a computer in it. A big stack of papers sat beside the computer. I grin and grab the one copy. "These are the quizzes! I know what will be on the test!" I think. I grab the whole packet and turn around. Click. Click. Click.

*Testing Room*
*Maka*
Marie and I handed out the exams. Soul sat beside the door, legs propped up on one chair and the chair he was sitting in was tilted back. "Where is Stein?" I ask Marie quietly as the kids took the test. "He said he had business to take care of." Marie says. I look at the students. "Remember. No talking. No passing notes. No cheating. These will result in an automatic fail. You have three hours left." I tell them. I look over at Azure. He scribbled and erased. Scribble. Erase. Cleo flipped back and forth in the packet. Tamaki's eyebrows were knit together as he concentrated. Prima was applying nail polish. Crystal combed her hair and looked at the test but didn't write anything. Prona worked on the test quietly, occasionally glancing up at the board. Hikari looked at her hands and smiled then wrote in the test. I glance at the empty seat. Kyoya wasn't there. "Figures. He probably did something stupid because Black Star told him that'd let him surpass the gods." I think and shake my head. Suddenly the door swings open. Soul catches it before it hit him. Stein walks in and throws something on the board. Not something, someone! Kyoya stuck to the board, bloodied and beat up. Like father like son I guess. Sigh..