Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Hate and Wrath

A Little Confusion and Misinterpretation?

*Prima*

I wake up, my room littered with people. Literally. Tamaki was halfway under the bed. Haru and Ash by the door. Cleo, Prona, Kyoya, and Crystal in the middle of the floor. Hikari and Azure were slumped on opposite sides of the room. I crawl out of bed. Azure snores loudly and curls up on the ground. I stifle a laugh and make my way out the room. I hear the soft pitter patter of tiny paws in the living room. "Mako?" I ask. The pitter patter stops. "Hello?". I see a large black shadow..........My yelp fills the silent air........ Then darkness.

*Prona*

I snap my eyes open. "Prima!" I shout, running out the room. Crystal and Hikari follow, Hikari in her weapon transformation. "Prima!" I exclaim, looking around. She was no where to be seen. "The door!" Hikari shouts, her face appearing on the shiny golden surface of the circle. The door was wide open, a cold wind blowing through. "What happened?" A groggy voice asks as some more people file into the room. "P-Prima was kidnapped....." I utter, my hands clenched tightly. "I bet it was those witches. THEY TOOK MY SISTER!" I shout and take off running outside. "Prona wait!" I hear someone call after me. Someone grabs my arm and yanks me back. It was Azure. He had his skateboard and now he was latched onto my arm. "Let. Me. Go!" I yell, thrashing. "Prona. Calm down. We'll find Prima. Trust me." Azure says. I feel myself break down. "M-My sister!" I sob. Azure rubs my back. "Hey. What happened?" A sleepy Cleo murmurs. I hear some whispering and a gasp. "What are you waiting for!? Get dressed! We have to go find Prima!" Cleo exclaims.

*Prima*

I wake up, my body feeling stiff and my head pounding with a headache. The room was pitch black. A putrid, metallic taste was in my mouth. Blood. I cough in my hand, some blood drops spot the ground. Drip. Drip. Drip. "You're awake. Are you okay?" I hear someone ask. I look up. A boy with shaggy blonde hair and silvery-purplish eyes was looking at me, a little dull yellow light following him. The lights cut on, blinding me momentarily as I try to change my arm into weapon form. It flickers and changes back to normal. "Don't be scared. My sister will be here soon. She's bringing some food. You haven't eaten since the day we found you." The boy says. "Who are you?" I ask, pushing myself off the ground until I was sitting. It hurt... A lot... "My name is Dio. My sister is Tsukumo. Does it hurt? He was mean. I'm glad we managed to get you out. If you stayed there any longer, who knows what would've happened." Dio shakes his head, frowning. "Who is he? What happened?" I ask. "The one with the weird... Magic? It wasn't like ours. He trapped you... The witch Kenji. My sister and I heard what was going on, but we couldn't save you until he left for a short time." The boy explains. He seemed no older than my age but he spoke weird. Was his sister the only company he had? Or was he shaken up by the blood I coughed up? "Say, how old are you?" I ask him. "16." He answers. "Who else lives here?" I continue to pester him. "Just my sister and I. Occasionally the people who need a place to sleep for the night before leaving the next day. Not many." He spoke a little better. I guess he was just a little shaken. I watched his gaze land on my bloody hand, then on the blood dripped floor. His eyes land on me again. "Dio! Is she awake?" A girl's voice calls out. "Yes! Hurry up! She is in bad shape!" Dio calls back. "Don't worry. My sister is here now. I'm sure she'll find a way to heal you. She is very good with her magic!" Dio says with a little smile. I nod at his enthusiasm. A girl with golden blonde hair walks into the room. She looked older than her brother and me but then looked young at the same time. Her bright amber eyes gleamed when she saw me. "Are you feeling better?" She asks as though I were a wounded animal. "Yes. Thank you." I say. "Can you get up?" Tsukumo asks. I push myself up, pain burns my body. I cry out and slip back down, hurting myself even more. "Take it easy now. Tsukumo, what can you do?" The boy asks his sister. Tsukumo shakes her head. "It'd be risky..... I can try my magic again." She says. "Magic... A-Are you a witch?" I ask stupidly. Tsukumo laughs. "Yeah. Both of us are but Dio isn't as experienced. Don't worry. We're not bad. My brother and I run a small 'clinic'. Whenever visitors come over, and they are sick or injured, we care for them for free. It's the least we can do." Tsukumo says. "That's nice of you." I mumble. I cough again, blood coloring my hand even more. "Okay. Dio, pick her up carefully and take her to the infirmary." Tsukumo commands as she walks off. Dio scoops me up. "No no no! Put me down!" I yelp. My body burned. "Sorry! I have to take you to the infirmary." Dio apologizes. He carries me swiftly to the room. He sets me down on a bed with creamy colored sheets.