Part 8

Inter College Fest

"Nandini are you sure you want to do it?" Dhruv asked Nandini, concern clear in his voice.

"I want to do it Dhruv. It's my only chance."Nandini replied back to Dhruv while looking at crowd nervously.

"Ok as you say. Just don't be nervous. " Dhruv assured Nandini and kiss her forehead.

"Ok," Nandini told him softly and make her way to the backstage.

"Ok Guys so our next performer is from St.Xavier College. She is going to perform a self-composed song. So please welcome Nandini Murthy."Anker announces and there are cheers from St.Xavier college crowd.

Manik look up alarmingly when he heard Nandini name is announced.

All past memory start flashing in front his eyes.

Her innocence, her laugh, her smile, his confession and at last her betrayal.

"That's it Manik you're not going to think about that girl anymore. She doesn't deserve your attention."Manik console himself.

Nandini nervously makes her way onto the stage. Her eyes are searching the crowd for only his face.

But when she found him she starts shaking nervously because he is looking at her with such hatter that she can't stand it. The eye's which look at her compassionately are looking at her with such fierceness that she can't believe that it is the same Manik with whom she fell in love and still loving him now after all how he insults her in front of all.

"Not now Nandini. You have to prove your innocence to him. It's only your one and last chance. Be Strong."Nandini confronted herself and then making eye contact with him start her 1stself written, a self-composed song about one and only Manik.

(Ok guys that song is really not written by our Nandini if you know ;). Credit goes to Calvin Harris / Ellie Goulding.)

I need your love
I need your time
When everything's wrong
You make it right
I feel so high
I come alive
I need to be free with you tonight
I need your love

Manik gazes at Nandini as she sung above lyric.

Why did she write such a song?

I need your love

Nandini looks at Manik as various emotions cross his face shock, realization and what not.

Nandini continues still looking at Manik trying to put her emotion, her everything in that song.

I take a deep breath every time I pass your door
I know you're there but I can't see you anymore
And that's the reason you're in the dark
I've been a stranger ever since we fell apart
I feel so out of sea
Watch my eyes are filled with fear
Tell me do you feel the same
Hold me in your arms again

Nandini poured out all her feeling through the above line. Tears started to well up in her eyes but she stops them from flowing.

That's not the time to become weak.

Manik is also in the same state. Her song lyric told him something. She looked like she is in pain.

But is it true? What he saw and heard is all from Nandini own mouth. So how can be it wrong?

She must be happy and should write some lovey dovey song?

I need your love
I need your time
When everything's wrong
You make it right
I feel so high
I go alive
I need to be free with you tonight
I need your love