The Lightswich

I reached for the light switch after coming home from work, but another hand was already on it. I jump back scared out of my mind. I throw my suitcase on the ground and I look at the switch while backing up very slowly. I could feel someone was there, but looking into the corner of the dark doorway, nothing was there. I stumble over my suitcase that I had previously thrown on the ground and my heart skips a beat. A million thoughts race through my never ending imagination as I crawled away. Suddenly I feel something standing behind me. I cease to breath and the back of my necks hair stands up. I stop moving, lying there motionless on the ground. I hear a low growl. I slowly turn around on my stomach as the room suddenly turns cold. I see a shadowy figure with a face so frightening, I suddenly jump up and run for the light switch. I turn around as fast as I possibly can and look to where the figure was. It was gone, I reach for my phone, but I can barely type in the numbers, ¨9-1-1¨ because I am shaking so badly. Everything freezes as my thumb hovers over the call symbol. I suddenly knew exactly who she was. I look up from my phone to see nobody was there. It was her, the victim that got killed a week ago, but she wasn't just any woman... it was my wife. The memories of me stabbing her with the knife, she was going to get her revenge. The front door slammed shut. I knew this was the end of me.