Chapter 1 - The Golden Boys

"Ahhh!" I heard from down the hall. I turned to see Erika and Juniper run down the hall towards my locker. Some people around stare at them but I honestly don't care, they're my best friends. I placed my hand on the locker door, keeping it open as I continue to put away the remaining books I had burdening my backpack. When they reach me, I noticed Juniper had a wide smile on her face as Erika rolled her eyes. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Guess who's fangirling about some celebrity she's into now..." Erika groaned.

Juniper slapped her shoulder playfully. "Okay, you don't get it. They're not 'some celebrity' okay? They're angels!" she sang.

I laughed as I closed my locker door and straightened my backpack. I love these two. Erika Jennings, history freak and comic book geek. She's the type of person who would choose to sit in a library, doodling over scrap paper than go to a fun hangout, but that's what I love about her. Juniper Undella on the other hand, is more outgoing but still quite secure. She knows when to keep her mouth shut but she doesn't do it. One thing I love about her is that she always speaks her mind. I, am nothing like my friends.

"Right, y/n?" I heard, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"W-what?" I asked, turning towards them.

"We we're talking about how we're so unprepared about our math mid-term and how Mr. Burkowitz is the worst teacher ever." Juniper said.

"Agreed." I said simply.

Walking into the cafeteria was one sight I wasn't planning on seeing. We sat at our usual table and looked at the center of attention. In the middle of the café were 3 golden boys of the school.
Jonah Marais was a baseball jock who seems too quiet and nice to be so famous. His deep brown eyes and sweet smile were his best features.
Sitting to the left was Corbyn Besson. Sweet guy who's totally in love with his girlfriend Christina. His platinum blonde hair was styled the same way everyday and he always showed off his smile.
Zach Herron was different. I remember going to elementary school with him and Daniel. His once bright eyes were now mysterious and his old flat hair is now gelled up. He never seemed to get rid of those rosy cheeks though. Flirting was his forté, although he's only ever had 2 girlfriends in his life. Juniper put her hand over her chest and gawked at them.

"Well isn't that a pretty sight?" she sighed, putting her elbow on the table and leaning her cheek into her fist.

Erika and I laughed. But something didn't seem right. There were 5 of them. Where were the other two? Not a split second later, we heard a blow horn go off at the main entrance of the café. All of us turned our heads to see the other two boys. Both of them were standing at the top of the ramp on skateboards and looked at the bottom of the café. Then they started to skateboard down the ramp, hurdling towards us very fast. It was unfortunate, really. Because they were heading towards our table. I didn't notice until Juniper and Erika quickly jumped up and moved out of the way. I turned my head just as Jack and Daniel were meters away from me. I covered my head, ready for the blow when... I didn't feel it. It was quiet for a moment before I heard cheering. Lifting my head from my knees and turned to the other side of the table to see Jack and Daniel high-fiving a crowd around them. I frowned in confusion.

"Um... What the hell happened?" I asked out loud.

Apparently, my question caught the attention of Mr. Daniel Seavey and he whipped around on his skateboard and slapped his hand on the table. He leaned against his arm as he flashed me a charming smile.

"Greatness. Greatness happened, cupcake." he winked and he turned around again, catching up with Jack.

Jack Avery. Smooth, spontaneous and suave. The epitome of the edgy skateboard high schooler, but he's probably never touched a drug besides Tylenol. His curly hair is what sets him off the most. Then, the most golden of the golden boys of the school. Daniel Seavey. I don't know how to describe him because my feelings towards him is debatable. He's kind of like the weather, predictable but impetuous at the same time. People can't help but awe at his bright blue eyes and flirtatious smile. I've never been a big fan of him.

I crossed my arms as I watched the five guys greet each other at the table in the centre of the café. I blew a strand of hair away from my face in frustration. It didn't occur to me that my day would be filled with dangerous stunts and skateboards, but like I said, Daniel is impetuous.

"O.M.G! Daniel Seavey called you cupcake!" Juniper squealed.

"Yeah, I'd shove a cupcake down his-"

"Y/n. School grounds." Erika warned me.

"Oh, sure! These guys can skateboard wherever the hell they want but I can't say-"

"Need I remind you that Jonah's parents are superintendents of the school board and have passed their word for his friends to skateboard on school grounds?" Erika retorted.

I crossed my arms again. Erika always piles on her facts that I can't get around. She always has to win an argument. Juniper on the other hand, started talking about her day. I watched my friends talk and laugh. I was glad to be a part of something like this. I felt quite weird though. From the corner of my eye, I saw a certain golden boy stare at me, before turning away to his friends.