Chapter 5 - Where Art Thou?

So apparently, before we began the main project, we had to write a plan/foresight about how our relationship with our partner now will change further into the project. Knowing Daniel, he'd probably make me do all the work and hang out with his friends having weekend parties and loud music. I scribbled down notes as I soon finished up my part of the foresight and I sighed, closing my book and turning on my bed. I spread my arms out as they dangled on the sides. It was around 7 in the evening and the sun soon started to descend below the horizon. The peacefulness of night was soon to over take me.

*tap*

*tap*

*tap*

*tap*

I spoke too soon. I groaned as I got up and looked around my room. The tapping noise seemed to come from outside my bedroom window. Jumping off my bed, I sauntered over to the window and lifted the black veil that covered the glass and opened the window. I looked down but I saw nothing.

"Psst." I hear ahead of me.

I lift my head to see that a couple of meters away is Daniel with his head poking out of the window. I furrow my eyebrows and look at him in confusion, then I start to laugh.

"What's so funny, Juliet?" he teased.

"Oh shaddup, Casanova." I said back to him.

He leaned against the window, even from all the way across from him in a whole other building... I could still hear his music playing. His forearms leaned against the window comfortably as he propped himself up on his elbows.

"So what's a beautiful girl like you doing in her room all by herself?" he asked.

"Can't a girl be in her room in peace?" I asked him in a fake posh accent.

"Not when they're just lying in their bed, not doing anything and flipping around for a good few minutes." he said a matter-of-factly.

"How long have you been watching me?" I laughed.

"Long enough, my lady."

I wrinkle my nose at him.

"Creep."

"Hey, I'm just observing. That's what I do. I observe many beauties of nature."

My heart skipped a beat, but I didn't know why. Not gonna lie, this guy knew how to talk to women. But I'm not letting him in. No matter how hard he tries, I won't budge to let him break through my walls, use me, then throw me away like all of his other girlfriends. The thought made me sick and realized why I disliked him so much in the first place. I frowned to myself, forgetting that he was still a window sill away from me. He lowered his head on his elbows to try and look at my face.

"Hey, are you ok?" he asked.

I lifted my head and look at his eyes. He almost seemed... Genuine. Daniel wasn't a bad guy, he's probably scared of a committed relationship. That's why he uses girls and throws them away. His caring blue eyes looked into mine fondly and I almost felt myself compel towards him. I stood my ground though, a small voice reminding me of the Daniel I always knew.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I, uh. I have to go now." I stutter.

He smirked and looked down. My hand clutched the loose piece of veil hanging from my window.

"No problem, Juliet. You go get some sleep now." he chuckled.

I looked at the time, it was 8:12. Man, we talked for this long? How could I have been so drowned in that conversation? I shook my head from those thoughts as I looked at Daniel once more.

"Um, okay. You get some sleep too." I muttered.

"Good night, beautiful." he said softly as he turned in his bedroom.

I was about to say something before he turned around and pointed a finger loosely in the sky, looking like he was going to say one more thing.

"Also, keep the veil out of the way, it blocks the view." he suggested.

I wrinkled my nose at him again. I looked down at the black veil and held it up just so I could see it. The black lace woven crafted a design that told a story of a garden and broken love. Pictures of wilting roses spread its self all over the veil as a silhouette of a girl and boy stood at the centre. I wonder why I even got this type of veil.

"Creep." I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled once again.

"Good night, Juliet." he whispered.

His voice, butter soft as if he could sing those words to me. My heart melted at him leaving and I could only wish to- Wait. This is wrong. My heart melting? Wishing? The Romeo and Juliet word play messed with my head hard, man. He closed the window sill and I was left alone, to stare at the now night sky filled with a vast ray of stars. I decided to admire the sight a little while longer before I stuck my head back in. As I was closing the window though, I moved the veil over to the side so it didn't cover my window so much. Climbing into bed, I now had a full view of the stars and night sky. He wasn't wrong. Maybe I should keep the veil down for a while now. My head hit the pillow and I could feel myself drifting to sleep. Before, I quietly muttered to myself.

"Good night, Romeo."