Chapter 3 - Noise and Dani-boy

There is a certain peak to your sanity that is very easy to cross. Mine was loud music at 9 in the evening. Juniper and Erika had left at around 6. Juni only lived a block from my house where E was about 4. We had a math test to study for so I was lounging on my bed, hoping to get some study time when the house behind me keeps playing loud music. I groaned and sat up. I had to do something to keep the music down. So I left from my bedroom window. Which is totally safe, the roof of the garage was slanted so I could easily slide down the roof and onto a couple of garbage cans. My feet hit the driveway pavement with a clack when I heard a voice in front of my garage.

"Hey, did you hear that?" I heard a deep voice ask.

I quickly slid between an opening in the fence and looked back. Jared and Tom had peaked out from the garage. Tom wore his gym outfit and Jared wore baggy overalls, as if he was working on something.

"You're delusional, man. Go back to working out. I need to fix my bike." Jared scolded Tom as they headed back into the garage.

I began walking on the sidewalk and realized that it was soon getting dark. The sun had peaked over the rooftops just a little bit and the sky turned into a pink purple colour. Just my luck. The house behind me, making a lot of noise, was behind a fence I can't get through. So I have to walk all the way down the street then turn on their street just so I could reach their house. After what seemed like hours, I reached their house and the music was quite unbearable. I hear the sound of laughter and yelling but the houses around this one didn't seem fazed by the noise these teenageers were making. I rolled my eyes and walked up to their front door, knocking on it. From all the noise, it seemed like they didn't hear me as I knocked once again, but louder. I heard the music turn down and a male voice shushing the house. I stepped back as the doorknob turned and revealed who was inside.

"Um... Who are you?" a female scowled at my face.

She was very pretty, with brown wavy hair and a face full of makeup. She wore a small white t-shirt and booty shorts. And when I say small, I mean extra small. I guess to show off her non-existent chest. Nah, I shouldn't be roasting her if I don't know her. Like in those books where the mean girl turns out to be your friend. I tried my best to fake a smile.

"I'm sorry, but do you think you could keep it down?" I asked as politely as I could.

I guess she didn't recognize what politeness was because she giggled and took a look of her long hair; twirling it between her fingers.

"I'm sorry, but I don't live here. You're gonna have to ask Dani-boy." she cooed.

I rolled my eyes. Who's Dani-boy? Not too long after, a familiar face came into view. Actually, two familiar faces. Two golden boys themselves, Jonah Marais and Daniel Seavey. Daniel looked at me with wide eyes, surprised of my appearance. Then he looked at Jonah and the girl, signalling them to get inside and he walked out, closing the door behind him.

"So, angel can't resist my charms?" Daniel smirked flirtatiously, leaning against a hockey stick. I smirked back, teasing him while kicking the bottom of the hockey stick. Daniel lost his balance and fell backwards onto the door. I laughed as he stood up and brushed himself off. Then he crossed his arms.

"Hahaha, very funny... So seriously. Whatcha doing here?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

"I was studying in my room when I heard your obnoxiously loud music blaring through my window."

"Wait, we're neighbors?"

Daniels eyes widened. Hope and a small hint of happiness concealed in his gorgeous blue orbs. I didn't notice but I guess I ignored it before I could. I shook my head as Daniel now looked confused.

"I live in the house behind you." I said.

Daniel let out a long "oh" from his mouth. I nodded exaggeratingly, hoping he would get the message.

"Sorry princess, of course I'll turn down the volume. And it looks like its getting dark, so I guess I have to call off the party."

Daniel rubbed the back of his neck as I tilted my head to the side, confused.

"Party? Its a Tuesday night." I reasoned.

"How long have you been living behind me?" Daniel asked.

"About more than a year. I'm not sure." I replied.

"So, how many nights have you heard loud music and screaming on weekdays?" he raised one eyebrow teasingly.

I rolled my eyes as I pushed his shoulder. He stumbled back and chuckled at my move.

"Just turn it down, please!" I pleaded.

Daniel laughed as he opened the door and stepped inside, before closing, he had one more thing to say to me.

"Sure thing, sweet thang." he winked.

"And could you also stop with the pet names?" I asked, batting my eyes.

"No can do, cutie." he said as he softly grazed the bottom of my chin with his finger.

I shrugged it off as he went inside the house. I left and when I got home, the music and the chatter was much quieter. It was still there, but quiet enough that I can ignore it. But one thing I learned tonight.

Daniel Seavey is a lot smarter than I thought he was.