Chapter 4 - Seating Plan Distraction

The noise got quieter and the amount of parties he held each week decreased. He's not as bad as I thought he was but my view hasn't changed too much. A week or so after the incident, we were getting a new seating plan in my Health and Career class. We sat in large square tables so I'd have to be sitting with at least three other people. The teacher called us to the side as she began to list names that were in each group. She pointed to the group at the far end.

     "Fairn, Devan, Mischa and Travis." she called.

     Four of my classmates got up and walked over to the table by the door. She then pointed to the table in front of the white board, the largest table in the class.

     "Reya, Gavin, June, May and Eric." she said.

     Three girls giggled and took their backpacks as they walked together to their desk as the two other boys smirked at each other and sat parallel of the girls. Soon, the teacher called our the group at the back of the room, equally spaced from the door, the board and the teachers desk.

     "Jared, Aspen, Daniel and Y/n." she said.

     I froze. I totally forgot Aspen and Daniel were in my class. I quickly moved beside Jared who was already at that table and settled my things. Daniel frowned at my move and plopped onto the seat as Aspen sat beside him and squeezed his defined arm. Wait, tf? Defined? Oh geez, stupid thoughts.

     Jared was a nice kid. Tall and lanky with dirty blonde hair. He had brilliant green eyes and a really cute smile, yet he was often in a small group of friends. It was a surprise that he isn't as popular in our school. He's kind and low-key cute. He was also friends with my older brother, Tom as I saw him at our garage a few nights ago. Aspen... Well, we kind of already met that girl at Daniels party. Perky and arrogant. She's very nice most of the time but not at all humble. Wavy brown hair and shining hazel eyes, she's probably one of the prettiest girls in school.

     Daniel uncomfortably shifted his chair away from Aspen as she moved it closer to him, almost as they were touching. He rolled his eyes as Aspen held his arm. I looked into my backpack and brought out my binder for Health and Career. The teacher finally called the last four people to the table by her desk, as three girls and one guy get up and walk over. She puts down her clip board and rests her hands firmly on her desk as she clears her throat. 

     "Alright class, now that that's settled... We can get started with our newest project." She says enthusiastically.

     The class groaned as I sighed softly. I mean, projects aren't bad... they're just not my forté. I stared at the clock, which showed just after 12. It would be another half hour till 4th period would end. Ms. Pechailo walked up to the white board and in big broad letters, wrote the words:

Child Care

     At this point, everyone in the class stared at the white board with wide eyes. I couldn't help but state myself. Child care??? No, this couldn't mean...

     "Alright class, you guys will be learning how to take care of children."

     Yup, we're learning how to take care of fake plastic babies. I groaned. My cousin had to do this project with a partner. I really hope she doesn't do that.

     "And you'll be working with a partner." she said cheerfully.

     I keep speaking way too soon. Hopefully we get to choose our own partners.

     "And yes, you do get to choose your own partners."

     Can this woman read my friking mind? I scan the room looking for a potential partner. Jared was looking towards May who everyone knew he had a huge crush on. Even she knew but didn't say anything because he's very adorable about it. So Jared was ruled out. Other than that, I wasn't fond of any of the guys in my class... That was before when a foot started to lightly kick me under the desk. I turn to see Daniel flash his infamous smirk. Oh dear.

     "Hey, lamb-cakes." he purred. I rolled my eyes.

     "Pretty sure you don't have a partner, so you're stuck with me for this project." he stated.

     "Who said you didn't have a partner?" I smirked.

     "Yeah, Dani-boy." Aspen giggled as she latched herself onto his arm.

     Daniel sat there uncomfortable as he lightly tried to push Aspen off of his arm. When she got the memo, she let go and looked at Daniel confused, her head tilted to the side.

     "I don't know what you're talking about. I have a partner. And that's you." he smirked as he winked at me.

     Aspen gasped as she stared daggers at me. She won't be scaring me but its cute seeing her try. She got up and started looking for a partner. Ms. Pechailo smiled as she opened her book at her desk and silenced the room with her bell.

     "Alright, who's partners with who?"

Behind The Veil - Daniel Seavey FanficрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ